best extended car warranty? ?

have an a4, so what company would you recommend? i want them to pay for repairs, as u all know audis are expensive.. does AAA has en extended car warranty? thanks

Favorite Answer

Do you believe in health insurance? How about life insurance? Home insurance? Auto insurance? etc, etc, etc.

Extended warranties on autos are the same thing, insurance. No, it's not stupid to buy them. You'll be darn glad you did if a major repair crops up. And don't fall for the old "Audi's don't break down." Yeah they do, as does any vehicle, and it doesn't matter who makes it.

(Yeah Toyota and Honda owners, I said it, and it's true. If I'm wrong, then how come Toyota and Honda dealership service departments are the most profitable and busiest service departments in the industry?)

Anyway, you need to purchase a plan that covers the electronics of the vehicle. The electronics (window motors, wipers, sunroofs, cd radio, nav systems, engine electrical components, etc) are what really can cost some money. Most manufacturers powertrains are built very well, and last for a long time with the proper maintenance. It's always the $600 power window motor job that freaks people out.

Also, cheapest is not best. You will get what you pay for.

good luck...

These are typically not worth the paper they're printed on...if you're buying a used car from a dealer they will try hard to sell you this policy. I helped my brother and his wife get their 1st car together and the "finance" guy really pushed this hard. I told them my recommendation was to not get it as they could put the money in an account, let it make interest and use it towards repairs of needed. If not then they had the money in their pocket. The "finance" guy proceeded to say that I was cruel and would leave them on the side of the road in a broken down car. Sadly an extended car warranty would do the same as it won't keep your car from breaking down...lol

I have not had much experiance with these after market warrenties....the one time I did have to deal with them it was an all day 3 way phone tag between the customer, the shop, and the insurance company. The warrenty did not cover any "wearing" parts, meaning anything that wears is not covered.........I was shocked $1500 well spent? I think not

• Otto

The only warranties worth having are those that the manufacturer provides. "Aftermarket" warranties are expensive and don't warrant their cost. If you read the fine print most have a deductible for each occurrence that normally exceeds the cost of the repair.

We had a good warranty for 6 years or 100,000 from the date of purchase on a used car from warranty warehouse.

http://www.warrantywarehouse.com/

I found a source on extended car warranty that might help you.

i've researched these before, and if you read reviews on any of them I think that you would agree that their all a waste of money. Most of these cost anywhere from 1500-3000. You can get a good used engine and transmission from www.car-parts.com, for less than 1500.00. Don't waste your money on these, these are good cars anyhow.

smash your car then get some qoutes

not sure