Do bile salts really help after a gallbladder is removed?

Do Bile Salts help after having your gallbladder removed? I had my gallbladder removed in July 2006. Eversince, I have been getting middle abdomen to chest pain that grips tightly & causes great pain. I had this happen as I awoke from surgery & I thought it was from the acid. It really isn't acid indigestion nor... show more Do Bile Salts help after having your gallbladder removed?
I had my gallbladder removed in July 2006. Eversince, I have been getting middle abdomen to chest pain that grips tightly & causes great pain. I had this happen as I awoke from surgery & I thought it was from the acid. It really isn't acid indigestion nor heartburn, just gripping pain. I recently heard I should be taking bile salts for the pain.

What are bile salts & can you get them without a prescription? If so, then where?

Thank you!:-)

I am putting this in this category because it is always full of great replies.:-)