Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

I am doing a school project on John Browns Raid and my teacher whats me to say a northerners point of view...?

was back then.

help!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

stand by

#

NationMaster - Encyclopedia: John Brown (abolitionist)

From the Southern point of view, of course, any effort to arm the enslaved ..... "Brown's raid succeeded brilliantly. It drove a wedge through the already ...

www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/John-Brown-(abolitionist) - 338k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

#

The Kansas Territorial Experience - John Brown: The Legend Revisited

Has anyone here heard me give my talk on Brown for the Kansas Humanities Council? .... This almost requires him to be crazy from this white point of view. ...

www.kuce.org/kt/session3/discussion.html - 80k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

#

Talk:John Brown (abolitionist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jame W. Lowen's book "Lies My Teacher Told Me" provides a pretty good ..... The whole point of the John Brown story is that the man had a personal and ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki?title=Talk:John_Brown_(abolitionist) - 123k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

#

Old John Brown, the man whose soul is marching on / Hawkins, Walter

Some of John Brown's Northern friends, who knew the stuff of which he was made, ..... All these skirmishes from a military point of view were trivial, ...

infomotions.com/etexts/gutenberg/dirs/etext00/ojbrn10.htm - 99k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

#

The New York Times > Magazine > A Moralist of the Midwest

Oct 24, 2004 ... John Brown plays only a cameo role: the young Ames helps shelter ... ''Of course, I was looking at it from my own particular point of view, ...

www.nytimes.com/2004/10/24/magazine/24ROBINSON.html?pagewanted=print&position= - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

#

Howard Zinn

Their summation of U.S. history is "Lies My Teacher Taught Me. .... of John Brown, then it turns around and slams the Northern industrialist for mistreating ...

www.etymonline.com/columns/zinn.htm - 37k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

#

Saab Lofton at Evergreen

At any rate, I had been wanting to do something on either John Brown or Paul ... what's in my official transcripts) he says the following: "He [being me] ...

www.evergreen.edu/alumni/writersproject/saablofton.htm - 29k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

#

September 2000 People & Mountains

The program does not advocate any particular point of view. ... Council funds helped to present John Brown 2000, a series of speakers, events, and exhibits ...

www.wvhumanities.org/sept00.htm - 65k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

#

TAH: Coming of the Civil War

I do also cover the immediate causes such as Bleeding Kansas, John Brown's raid, election of Lincoln, etc. Bob Sandow, First, let me say that it is a real ...

www.lhup.edu/rsandow/tahtrans.htm - 103k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

#

National Park Service: Rally on the High Ground("Healing and ...

Ironically, the first casualty of Brown's raid was Heyward Shepherd, ... fought for the freedom of my people, for which John Brown struck the first blow. ...

www.nps.gov/history/history/online_books/rthg/chap3b.htm - 83k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

POSSIBLY SOME DUPLICATION HERE. YOU CAN SORT IT OUT.

#

Re-evaluating John Brown's Raid at Harpers Ferry

The raid at Harpers Ferry was influential in persuading Northern ...... There was a tremendous response throughout the North to John Brown's execution. ...

www.wvculture.org/history/jb11.html - 111k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

#

The Mind of the Master Class: History and Faith in the Southern ... - Google Books Result

by Elizabeth Fox-Genovese, Eugene D. Genovese - 2005 - History - 828 pages

We should not, however, carry the corrective so far as to deny that the northern response to Brown's raid deeply affected southern politics. ...

books.google.com/books?isbn=0521850657...

#

John Brown's Raid

John Brown's Raid jbrown.jpg (26254 bytes). In the winter of 1857-58, John Brown, who had been a leader in and a promoter of lawlessness during the troubles ...

www.civilwarhome.com/johnbrown.htm - 21k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

#

JSTOR: His Soul Goes Marching On: Responses to John Brown and the ...

Finkelman analyzes the abolitionist response to John Brown's raid and ... Venet discusses the response of northern antislavery women .to Brown's raid, ...

links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0002-8762(199712)102%3A5%3C1579%3AHSGMOR%3E2.0.CO%3B2-Y - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

by T Anbinder - 1997

#

John Brown: Biography from Answers.com

Aftermath of the raid. 'The Last Moments of John Brown', oil on canvas painting ... the Republican political and editorial response to John Brown tried to ...

www.answers.com/topic/john-brown - 251k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

#

William E. Cain - Angel of Light: Interpreting John Brown ...

Brown's raid, Wallenstein explains, dramatized the evil of "Black Republicanism" and the peril of slave revolts that, it was said, northern whites would ...

muse.jhu.edu/journals/reviews_in_american_history/v023/23.4cain.html - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

by WE Cain - 1995 - Related articles

#

Overview

Secession Era Editorials Project/ John Brown's Raid. ... believes that northern reaction to the Harper’s Ferry raid leaves the South no choice but to secede ...

socrates.bmcc.cuny.edu/bfriedheim/brownindex.htm - 23k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

# [PDF]

John Brown Bibliography

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML

ties quickly became polarized between the Northern free states and the Southern slave states as ..... Message I relates principally to the John Brown Raid. ...

www.lva.lib.va.us/WHATWEHAVE/notes/JohnBrownBib.pdf - Similar pages - Note this - Filter

#

United States History to 1877: To 1877 - Google Books Result

by Nelson Klose, Robert F. Jones - 1994 - Study Aids - 362 pages

... the personal liberty laws by Northern legislatures, John Brown's raid. and the ... and 5) secession was expected to lx- peacefuL O Northern Response to ...

books.google.com/books?isbn=0812018346...

• vescio
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

nicely in no way answer questions in school look such as you haven't got a clue on what shes announcing. forget all your books at homestead no paintings..... and a chum of mine shines a easy each and every time she turns away and yet another a million closes the lights furnishings. lol oh yeah right here is an excellent one you recognize there cunputer mouse if it has a easy on the backside stick sticky papper on the decrease back after which she/he won't be waiting to apply the cumputer for the full day....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.