Why do today's mothers insist on not listening to the EMS or BSE Mothers experience and learn from our loss?

May be a rhetorical question, but why can't today's young women get the message that we were just like them, and use our experience as a guide so that our losses can be a lesson. It is so sad to me that there are still young women who insist that they are different, or their experience will be different. ... show more May be a rhetorical question, but why can't today's young women get the message that we were just like them, and use our experience as a guide so that our losses can be a lesson. It is so sad to me that there are still young women who insist that they are different, or their experience will be different.

Rescinding a surrender is a LOT harder than not signing the paperwork in the first place.
Update: Monkey, You have actually made my point, and I really, sincerely thank you. The BSE or EMS was different, if for no other reason than the sheer numbers; between 2 and 6 million in a short span. But, I believe that we are the living testimony (for now, since we are past middle age now) of the past, and a society... show more Monkey,
You have actually made my point, and I really, sincerely thank you. The BSE or EMS was different, if for no other reason than the sheer numbers; between 2 and 6 million in a short span. But, I believe that we are the living testimony (for now, since we are past middle age now) of the past, and a society that refuses to learn from the past is destined to make the same mistakes which we are seeing in the agenda to increase adoption. We want to let people know that this is an ache that doesn't lessen with time, it actually increases, and while there are some I am sure that are at peace, it is a VERY fragile peace indeed. If a phone call from the past can rock your world, you have a very uneasy relationship with it.

I really try to not speak universally, but from the BSE or EMS, there are so many of us that it is difficult not to.
Update 2: HH the EMS ( Era of Mass Surrender) or BSE (Baby Scoop Era) are the same time period. One emphasizes the Mothers with the Surrender and the other refers to the Babies. It is the time period from WW2 to about the time of Roe v Wade when various factors, Roe included, came into play that changed the dynamics of... show more HH the EMS ( Era of Mass Surrender) or BSE (Baby Scoop Era) are the same time period. One emphasizes the Mothers with the Surrender and the other refers to the Babies. It is the time period from WW2 to about the time of Roe v Wade when various factors, Roe included, came into play that changed the dynamics of adoption. It is also the time period where the industry perfected its art. The estimate of surrender is somewhere between 2 million to 6 million women and babies separated during that time period alone. Accurate figures are difficult to get, but most researchers err on the low side, but the belief is that it was much closer to the top figure, if not higher. Hope that clears things up for you.
Sandy