What is liability insurance? I have liability insurance on my car...?

I have liability insurance on my car and I do not know what it covers. For example does it cover hail damage or a big scratch on my car? Please let me know how much does it cover and what does it cover? Thanks

Favorite Answer

There are different types of liability insurance depending on the policy purchased. However, auto liability insurance basically covers you if you are at fault in a car accident and is typically the only required type of coverage for a motor vehicle. You should read your policy for limits and coverage or call your agent or customer service department for further details.

Liability insurance only covers the other person/property if you are at fault in an accident. Comprehensive insurance covers both you and the person/property if you are at fault. Liability will not cover hail damage or a scratch if u put the scratch there.

• nosdda

All the questions you have asked can be answered by reading the conditions of your car insurance. Liability Insurance is normally a seperate insurance and it is known as Public Liability Insurance which is entirely different to ordinary car insurance. It is only needed for taxi drivers who are carrying the general public.

Source(s): Taxi Driver.

Cristy, liability insurance covers damage your car does to others, either people or property. So if you swerved to miss a deer, and hit a fence, you would be liable for repairs or replacement--but your liability insurance would pay out.

Looking 4 auto insurance companies? one of the top to get best auto insurance company, rates and prices is: http://www.cheapinsurance4auto.info

• ranson

in the beginning, your buddy wouldn't have been driving your motor vehicle, iam guessing she isn't insured on your motor vehicle. you're able to have drove.. it incredibly is a 50/50 draw. You allowed a chum to force your motor vehicle who then had an accident. That makes you libel for 0.5 the damages. She is libel simply by being an irresponsible motive force. She could have taken greater acceptable precautions and a greater acceptable look as to no longer hit a pole. they're huge and enormously puzzling to omit. so which you're the two the two in charge. Now your buddy is making an attempt to shift blame for her carelessness. If she desires to sue the business corporation for a pole being interior the way, greater skill to her. yet i'm additionally making a probability there is an indication warning of the pole. If no longer, it incredibly is incredibly helpful to tell the placement of corporation to erect one.

Liability basically means if you hit someone it covers their vehicle and not yours. Your coverage needs, etc, should have been discussed with you at the time you bought the policy.

its just covering the other person....so if u hit some1 it covers their car only.....but it wont cover the cost of fixing urs