What position The Reds will end up in EPL rank (season 08/09)?

I've been a fans of The Reds since childhood (early 80's), but so disappointed with its performance in last decade.

Do you think this time they will regain their supremacy in EPL with such players as Torres, Gerrard and Robbie Keane?

To be honest, i think they'd be great enough by end up as runner up this year.

Favorite Answer

I think they'd need to be very lucky to finish 2nd. Liverpool's problems, known for years to the fans but seemingly still a mystery to the teams management, are basically a lack of any genuine wide players and a startling inability to let players play in their natural positions. The signing of Riera may or may not help this - at least he's a natural left winger, but his time with Man City doesn't fill people with confidence. If, and it's a big if, the team figures out how to play with wide men which opens up their attacking possibilities and Keane starts to play well, they might secure third - Arsenal look a little light in squad depth and may struggle if they get injuries. No one else looks to have developed quite well enough to push into the top 4 this year just yet, though a good run from the likes of Villa, Tottenham or Blackburn could change that (the jury is still well and truly out on the end result of what's gone on at Man City, but turbulent times don't make for good results!)

I think they're still a solid contender for this season, but I see them in the 3rd place behind Man U and Chelsea. Don't be too disappointed though, the Reds, like other teams such as AC Milan, are built to reign in Europe, not really on their league.

• Madina

I think this season 3rd is the best we can hope for. Obviously I would love for the team to win it but the style of play at the moment is too negative

Liverpool will finish 3rd in the EPL at the end of this season.

Could be anything from 2nd to 6th really.

Realistically I dont think City can transform themselevs in one season and I see Liverpool hanging on for 4th.

I believe the will definintly finish top four. Second place seems acheivable, maybe even first :)

5th, sorry but i dont see them touching on either Chelsea, Arsenal or Man.U. Man.City will be 4th =)

5th

3rd I think