What Is an Alcoholics Anonymous Sponsor like?

I found various worksheets and inventories online. Does a sponsor make the sponsee fill out these worksheets. I understand the sponsee is asked to do a 4th step, 5th step, admit wrongs, etc. Is this all done verbally or is it written out? How can "giving one's life over to God" be spirtual and not... show more I found various worksheets and inventories online. Does a sponsor make the sponsee fill out these worksheets.

I understand the sponsee is asked to do a 4th step, 5th step, admit wrongs, etc.

Is this all done verbally or is it written out?

How can "giving one's life over to God" be spirtual and not religious? What if the sponsee is an athiest? How can they give their life over to God if they don't believe in God? One could use a doorknob, but that would require believing the doorknob has extraordinary powers and has a personal relationship with the sponsee..

Explain the relationship between a sponsor and a sponsee in AA