Re: Todd Bentley?????

I asked once before for opinions regarding Todd Bentley of the Christian folks out there, and what they thought of his ministry... a real ministry of the Risen Lord, or a false teacher touting Christ for his own personal gain? In light of the recent events of his stepping down from ministry due to his involvement in immorality, have any of you changed your opinions? or do you still believe hew was a man of God called and empowered to do the will of God?

Please note, in my opinion Mr. bentley is not the first person to preach a "another Gospel". A message that if I may paraphrase "requires us to rely on ministering angels" in addition to Christ. I read about a guy once... Joseph Smith, he said he saw a vision of Christ, met with an angel, was given a "new revelation" and was in fact the only one person, that was granted the permission and authority "By God" to establish the "one and true church".

I believe that God heals, I pray for those that are sick as I ask God for myself in my infirmities...but I like Paul say this..."Not that I speak in respect of want, for what ever circumstance I find myself in therewith to be content..." to be in Christ?, is this not enough? Your thoughts and answers are appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Matthew 22:21-23: "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

I have had the "Todd Bently discussion" with many people, one of which is a very close friend who believes Todd Bentley is a man of God.

So, let's examine the facts:

First of all, God cannot contradict Himself. It's not possible. He cannot go out of character for Himself, nor can He lie. So, has Todd Bentley portrayed a "god" with a different character? Yes!

Jeremiah 29:11 tells us, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

First thing to note: God does not desire to harm us. He says so in His Word. Yes, He will allow things to happen, but He will not inflict harm upon us.

That being said, Todd Bentley brags about kicking a woman in the face with a biker boot, kneeing a man in the abdomen who had cancer, strangling another man, leg-dropping a pastor, etc...All of these actions go against Jeremiah 29:11. Is God a liar? Or is Todd Bentley off on what he believes?

Secondly, Scripture is clear that many people in the last days will be performing signs and wonders.

As Jesus said in John 4:48, "Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders," Jesus told him, "you will never believe."

Jesus understood how signs and wonders can cause us to be mesmorized and convinced of a person's authenticity.

2 Timothy 3:2-5 says, "People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them."

Look at some of those characteristics which define the "worldy way" of living and then compare them with Todd Bentley.

It's easy to say, "Well, he's just human!" But when someone is "overcome with the Spirit" or "drunk in the Spirit", they will not act contrary to Scripture. If they have been so overcome with the Lord that they cannot stand up straight, then there is no way they would be doing an action that goes against Scripture.

Lastly, Fresh Fire Ministries have been quick to say, "Look at his fruits! Look at all the people coming and being saved." Okay, let's look at his fruits. Remember, when Jesus referred to a person's "fruit", He was referring to the fruit of the Spirit. Makes sense, right?

So, here is what Galatians says is the fruit of the spirit: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control.

Again, compare those traits with Todd Bentley and see where he measures up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long answer short: His character is inconsistent with how "new creations" are to act. He does things that are against God's Word and will. Most certainly is he a false prophet.

• Brian

I have come out of the traditional church and have followed Todd pretty closely, our pastor went down and spent time at Lakeland to see what's up and bring it back. The thing that struck our pastor when he was there is the number of people who accepted Christ as Saviour for the first time, and how many have come out of a life of drugs and abuse and turn to Jesus.

I don't know what other gospel you are referring to. I can't see any difference between the Luther gospel of being saved by grace through the finished work on the Cross, and Todd's gospel that Jesus died to forgive your sins, God loves you and want you to be healed and you would do well to get bammed like they did in the upper room.. He just talks to a different generation and a different culture.

The saddest thing that I want to stress is that the church is only army in the world who has a brigade waiting for the guys on the front line to get wounded, and then they rush over and shoot him again.

Todd is a wounded soldier. Satan laughs when he wins a battle. Todd needs prayer and restoration. I don't know if he will rise again, or if his adversaries in the church (there is only one church) will permit it. I am in awe of how God has used Todd, and how intense his obedience has been. God loves Todd, and so do I.

Angels have ministered to people throughout the Word. HEB 1:14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation? I haven't heard Todd say that wer are required to rely on them.

I rely on God, and if he uses a ministering angel to accomplish His purposes, I'm not gonnah be offended. Todd's central doctrines are "Bang on". We all have peripheral doctrines that we hold on to clarify things that confuse us. To open one of those peripheral doctrines, I'll bring up the Trinity, a word which you won't find in the Bible anywhere! Yet some denominations hold onto certain aspects of the Trinity with tenacity! I say who cares. I preach Christ crucified and resurected for the forgiveness of sin so that I can live in right relationship with my God. Who cares about doctrines of the Trinity, or if we need to rely on ministering angels.

It's all good if it's in the Word. If it's not in the word or does not contradict the word, knock yourself out.

Be Blessed,

Brian ; )

Yes,in Christ a new creature is enough.God will do the

work in our heart,his temple.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.Matt.6:33

Source(s): Bible

The outpouring of spirits that is headed by Todd Bentley, in my hometown of Lakeland, FL is just humanism. Come get some. Come to Lakeland and receive this anointing. God, I want a financial miracle. God I want healing. God, I want you to touch me. Basic humanism in a nutshell. You see, when you read your Bible you find out that the reason for man's existence is to glorify God and to serve Him for our lifetime. Hundreds of thousands are coming to my town for the selfish reason to receive from God. That's the motivation, and the bottom line: humanism. That's why there are, among the thousands of "healings," none verified. That's why, among this community of hundreds of thousands, there is no awareness of the presence of God as a result of these meetings. That's why there's no impact in this community beyond economic benefits of an additional 5-12K people in town each day. Oh, there is one impact. God is using this outpouring of the spirits as a winnowing field, to make it clear who is following after Him and who is following after signs and wonders by some guy they didn't research for themselves before booking flights.

Todd Bentley is vile as I have maintained throughout his tirade of lies, I think YA ought to reinstate all my answers to his questions that they deleted, because they denounced him and his revival as an utter fraud..

Source(s): atheist

He's another run-of-the-mill scumbag, exploiting peoples' suffering for personal ends.

His "night of dental miracles" was a hoot.