Tiffany asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Exercise Routine Question?

I am 5'7 and 120 pounds. In the past 2 years I have lost nearly 40 pounds with diet & exercise. I have a great exercise routine going for me but I am finding that I like exercising every other day better. It may sound silly but I feel as though if I don't work out everyday that some of the lost weight would return. I am wanting to ask those who have switched to every other day work outs how it has benefited you? Do you think its a good idea? Helpful answers need only apply, Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Hello

I also have managed to lose 48lbs. This was just over 2 years ago. Yes, I am still exercising and of course watching what I eat. I too, find that exercising every other day suits me perfectly. This allows me to give my muscles a rest in between days. It's good to look forward to a day of exercise and a day when you can sort of relax.

Burning calories with exercise means you don't have to cut as many calories from your diet. Allowing you to occasionally treat yourself. Also the benefits of exercise far outweigh the effort it takes.

So I know, that I am doing the right thing, and so are you.

Congratulations on your weight loss.

Take good care of yourself.

Sample Weightlifting Workout Routines

This is hard. There are so many exercises for each muscle, and so many ways to split them up and make a routine out of them. So instead of listing 10,000 workout routines, I'll just list what I think are the most effective muscle building exercises for each muscle and later on you can decide which to use in your own workout routines.

Chest

Flat Bench Press

Incline Bench Press

Flat Bench Dumbell Flyes

Incline Dumbell Flyes

Back

Deadlift

Lat Pulldown (or weighted pull ups)

Seated Cable Row

Bent Over Barbell Row

Bent Over 1 Arm Dumbell Rows

Biceps

Standing Barbell Curls

Preacher Curls (with dumbells or barbell)

Seated/Standing Dumbell Curls

Triceps

Tricep Press Down

Dips

French Press

Legs

Squats

Calve Raises

Shoulders

Seated/Standing Military Press (with barbell or dumbells)

Lateral Raises

Shrugs

Abs

Abs are an important muscle and should be worked, but most people are just soooo confused when it comes to ab workouts. So, for more information on how "important" ab workouts are, and how to put abdominal exercises into your workout,

• carron

You are mostly understanding an excessive amount of with out giving your self enough period of time to leisure and acquire force. Also, take into account to consume commonly and drink no less than sixty four oz. of water consistent with day. Don't assume to look outcome overnight. When I first begin lifting after wrestling season ends, I suppose very robust for the primary day or 2, then I uncover that I cannot carry as a lot for a few weeks. Over time, your frame will get more potent even as constructing staying power.

have you tried hte lil Jack workout? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKCGe2Ezris

Youtube thumbnail