Canada- How the World views Canada?

I am doing a report on US-Canada relations and how Canada is viewed in the world. From articles I have read on the internet and even from the answers I see on Yahoo Answers. I am not Canadian or American. Detailed answers are appreciated and give some thought and read the full question before answering. THIS IS... show more I am doing a report on US-Canada relations and how Canada is viewed in the world. From articles I have read on the internet and even from the answers I see on Yahoo Answers. I am not Canadian or American.

Detailed answers are appreciated and give some thought and read the full question before answering. THIS IS A VERY LONG QUESTION.

So to Canadians, how do you feel about the statements below, these are some of the statements that have been used to describe Canadians, in the articles I have read and here on Yahoo Answers. I would appreciate if you could give an answer to each statement separately and also if this is what you think is being said about your country. As I am looking for a world view on this, I will be posting this on a few Yahoo Answers around the world. So to non-Canadians is this how you see or think of Canadians.

1) Canada is Bland,

2) Living in the shadow of the US

3) Preoccupied with pointing out they are not Americans

* 3 months ago

Additional Details

4) Obsessed with America’s lack of knowledge of Canada and Canadians. Always trying to get America’s attention

5) Canada has not made any significant contribution to the world OR are not noticed at all on the international level

6) Has a Good economy because of America’s economy

7) Is Protected militarily by the US

7) Canada does not have an army OR that even Vatican City would be able to invade Canada

8) Canada is cold all year round

9) Canada’s only identity is that they are not American, they define themselves with how different they are from Americans

10) Major inferiority complex to the Americans

11) Not Patriotic, with Canadians not wanting to sing or do not know their own country’s national anthem.

12) Know about history of the US more than Canada’s history.

13) Canada is a funny country

14) Canada is irrelevant to the world

15) Only reason why Canada is one of the best countries to live in is because it does not have the responsibilities of a SuperPower with the US to protect them.

17) Canada contributes very little to the world politics and is not a big player until when needed for something

18) Canadians are smug and self-righteous as stated by Gordon Sinclair.

19) Canada’s relationship with the US has defined Canada

20) Canada a nation of losers

I would like to thank all those who bothered to answer in point form. I apologise if I offended Canadians but these are some of the perceptions or misconceptions of Canadians and wanted the opinions of Canadians and the rest of the world.