Do MRI's show pinched nerves?

Been having back pain in right L-4 region (between shoulder blade and spine) foe WELL over year. There is a lump there and as the day progresses, it gets more painful and swollen. Lots of muscle spasms too. Had MRI that showed a lartov cyst (dr said "normal abnormality?????) and that MRI showed some arthritis - not... show more Been having back pain in right L-4 region (between shoulder blade and spine) foe WELL over year. There is a lump there and as the day progresses, it gets more painful and swollen. Lots of muscle spasms too. Had MRI that showed a lartov cyst (dr said "normal abnormality?????) and that MRI showed some arthritis - not severe - and that it was "normal beyond that. He gave a consult with pain mgr and physical therapy (already had with those lil electrodes w/ no results) and feel like he is brushing it off not believing me. Asked if MRI showed pinched nerves and he said yes. Does it- or is he passing the buck? I am 35 with history of C-2 fracture (broken neck) @ 16. Anyone know anything?
4 minutes ago - 3 days left to answer.
Additional Details
1 minute ago

Also - I am right handed and it falls asleep often during rest and tingles in the fingertips- especially in the mornings. Have lost strenght - can not open jars- like I used to. And my right side of my scalp falls asleep when I lay on it.