How do you know if you are drinking enough water?

What are some ways to tell if you are drinking enough water? I'm not looking for measurements/calculations, but different signs one can look for to see if they are on the right track with drinking enough water.

How do you know if you are drinking too much or too little water?

Favorite Answer

Well, I'm a huge water drinker! I love the taste of it and I love the way it makes me feel. Doctors once thought that we all needed about 8 glasses a day and that if you got thirsty, it meant you were already dehydrated. Research now shows that if you drink when you're thirsty, you'll take in plenty of water. In addition, experts say that our bodies generally get plenty of water in foods that we eat and regular drinking that we do.

Personally, I feel like water fills me up and keeps my skin looking nice. I try to drink at least 10 glasses a day and miss it if I can't have it for some reason. As long as you don't feel "parched" and dehydrated, then your body is most likely getting all of it's water needs.

The eight cups a day was a goverment scam to get average people to buy bottled water (pointless). In all honesty the average person who does little next to none strainous work/atheletic (e.g. a walmart cashier, a business person, even a teacher) most likely doesn't need much more than 5 cups if even. Anyway, the eaisest way to tell if your not drinking enough is by your pee; Golden Yellow (almost dark yellow) stinky pee, implys not enough water, Lighter yellow implys enought, if your pee is clear its wayy too much water, and is unecessary.

Commonly people think clear pee is good, but not necessarly. If your an athelete or your doing decent amoutn of exercise, of coure more water is good; to prevent cramps, and ect. how ever over hydration, adds stupid water weight amounts, constant peeing, and the most annoying of all system overload (you start flushing nutrients too, becuase water is speeding up the loss of luquids).

Drinking when you are thirst is good enough, before physical activity, and maybe with a meal, other than that, its not honestly worth it to dirnk 8 cups if you aren't using them.

Clear pee is okay if your an athelete, trying to keep hydrated, but even then its pushing it.

A good way to determine if you have enough water in your system is to look at your urine. If it appears clear more than yellow than this is a sign you are good and hydrated. Remember that when you sweat or drink caffeine you tend to dehydrate faster. Try to srink enough water to make yourself urinate and check to see if its clear. Remember though you can drink too much water to the point you suffer water suffication, which can lead to death......Remember to also replace your electrolytes.....(potassium, salt, magnesium).

when you pee- look in the toilet.

your urine whould be light yellow to almost clear. that will let you know physically if you are well hydrated.

too much water will make you feel bloated, and you'll be peeing every ten minutes.

if your urine is dark yellow- you are not drinking enough water

• Clear urine is a good sign - if it's really yellow, drink more.

if ur urine cleear it means u r drinking enought water

If you're thirsty or not? Assuming all you drink is water.

When ur urine is clear it means

you are drinking enough water and detoxicating your system.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AnxGa...

when you pee uncontrollably