Mir asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

When dogs lick your face will it make your acne worse?

I have a female beagle and she always wants to lick my face...im scared it could cause dry skin/acne/infection? I've also heard that it makes acne better? Is there even any effect of letting your dog lick your face?

Best Answer

your dog licking your face will not affect your acne, and will not cause any of the other issues you mentioned, and will not make you smell like dog butt(thanks for the imature answer!). Your dog licking your face is just that...no more no less. If you are trying to help your acne, buy some tea tree soap, it is all natural, and will get rid of acne fast, I have used it myself.

Source(s): Personal experience, dog owner, worked in pet stores
  • Laura

Dry and/or greasy skin due to poor oil composition of the skin. Thick greasy oils clog pores, lack of oil leads to dryness and irritation. You need thin oils to moisturize while dissolving and clearing gunk in your poors. Try fish oil or seafood. 2 tsp fish oil a day or 4 servings of seafood a week. Stick it out for at least 2 months; it will take a long time to replace all your oil. Any effect after 1-2 days is temporary or random; so even if it makes you break out a little at first, you haven't given it a full try yet.

In the short term you can wash and moisturize well, but that will only go so far. Plus excessive washing can be drying and excessive moisturizing can be clogging. Use a small amount of a light moisturizer, made with oil not jelly or grease. Often that means soybean oil or mineral oil. Mineral oil means mined from the ground. So soybean oil is usually better, though mineral oil won't cause too much harm. Clean with soap and water, not a harsh acne cleanser. Even then they only work so well. So you really need the seafood.

Antibiotics aren't really good for bacteria long term, they'll come back in force after. Short term they may help. After you get off them find some kefir with acidophilus listed first or 2nd to replace the friendly bacteria they destroyed. Studies show less illness when you have these bacteria, even outside the stomach in places such as the lungs and elsewhere. You want friendly bacteria to fill the void when the antibiotics stop, not harmful ones.

In the short term you might also try 100,000+ iu retinol vitamin A (a megadose, and too much for normal use) or one of the acne drugs that is similar to retinol vitamin A. It's some minor harm to your organs, but it helps against bacteria on your skin. At least it doesn't have the other long term drawbacks to your skin that antibiotics and many scrubs do.

If you would like to learn how to treat your acne permanently and regain your health and wellbeing, without drugs, without typical acne treatments, and without any side effects, then this will be the most important letter you will ever read.

Weird Trick Forces Your Body

To Eliminate Your Acne

Giving You Beautiful Clear Skin

In 30-60 Days?

Make sure your sound is turned on!

• Anama

dog saliva supposedly should help with bacterial infections.

But I would hope that you would eventually shower or wash your face before it would effect your acne.

The only side effect that I can really think of is a wet face, lol! And the feeling of being loved unconditionally, lol!

p.s if you have dander and saliva allergies, then that would be a problem though....

Believe it or not : the dog's mouth is cleaner than yours.

Don't let it lick your face though.

If your acne is a big problem, a dermatologist can help.

i don't think that dog saliva causes skin irritation or anything like that. The mouth is a very clean place, and saliva has many nutrients in it, believe it or not. unless you have very sensitive skin that breaks out when something touches it, i think you may be fine! If i'm wrong, i'm sorry, this is just my hypothesis.

Hope this helps!

Don't let your dog lick your face if the dog has been eating french fries, that will make you break out! The only side effect I know of, is, most dogs sniff dog bottoms, so you will start smelling like dog butt.

it can make your face have spots you shouldn't let your dog do this

I dont think so, but thanks now i can figure out!!