What and how does a morality clause work in texas divorce?

I am dating a guy who is going through a divorce. I have known him and his children for quite some time as a friend and now that we are dating his s-t-b-ex wife has asked that I am not around the children. So out of respect and not wanting to cause more problems in the divorce I have not. (she has been very rude and even sent me extreme and offensive emails to which I have not responed). Well she moved to Missouri and took the 2 boys with her and has recently in the past couple of weeks introduced a new boyfriend to them and has even had him over and cooked dinner for him and the boys. My b/fs 5 y/o told him on the phone about this guy and what was going on and when he questioned her she got very defensive and told him he had no right to say anything because of me. Well we dont mind that she has a b/f in fact were hoping that maybe it would help her to move on. So he dropped it. Well this weekend she brought their kids down here so she could go camping for labor day weekend and their 5 y/o told his dad that his moms b/f stayed the night and that if he told her "secret" he would be in big trouble and get grounded. So now were worried becasue shes threating him and teaching him to lie. Plus since I have not even been around the boys and they already know me as daddys friend (we use to work together) but shes having men stay the night that they just met, it definatly doesnt seem right. What is a morality clause in texas divorce and how does it work? We agree thats its not right for the children to see that which is why even though shes obviously doing we still have not.

Favorite Answer

I'm the expert on the morailty clause. Basically one w/ kids cannot have any overnight guests of the opposite sex while the children are there. It's designed to protect the children from unpleasant encounters.

No This Man Wants Control! There was no clause in the marriage that he signed no abusing wife in front if kids. Sort of like my ex saying that I could give up my custodial rights to my daughter when he was the one to leave and take everything even the scissors in the kitchen. Somehow he forgot to take our daughter that day! Not to mention my ex stopped paying child support since I have a permanent Man in my Life. It is about control for these Men. Do him a favor don't even discuss these absurd suggestions to the divorce decree. Also don't give him the new address to where you and the kids lives he is has violent abusive tendencies. Meet him a neutral locations.

Does the morality clause only apply to the parent for example in my divorce this is what is stating in the morality clause, question can my wife let my son spend the night with her sister who is living w/ a man and they are not married? It would seem logical that he can not. Please advise?

Morality Clause - The parents agree that no unrelated person of the opposite sex with whom the parent is involved in an intimate relationship shall spend the night when the child is in the parent's care.

I think you need to stay out of this one. This is between your boyfriend and his stbx. They need to handle this - not you. It doesn't matter what the laws are in Texas. It's a matter of how they as parents want to raise their children. You are not the parent in this and unfortunately have no say. It is better that you just abide by the requests of the ex until the divorce is finaled. Nothing you can do till that paper is signed anyway. Let him and his wife work it out. There is obviously still alot of emotions involved in this disaster and the children are getting the worst part of it. The parents are acting like children right now because they are grieving through anger. Letting go is not easy and fighting is a way of avoiding the hurt. Let them work this out...Steer clear.

It's obvious that she wants to be in control of the entire situation including what you and your boyfriend do, but she doesn't have that right. Your boyfriend needs to be documenting everything that the kids tell him so that he can let the judge know exactly what's going on. Some states recognize a form of child abuse called Parental Alienation, which means that if she says or does anything to the kids (including threatening them with punishment, etc.) and it results in them "turning against" their father, he can use that in court against her. First and foremost though, he needs to put his foot down and let her know she can't be in control of your relationship with him. Good luck!