What is the legal status of Pot Brownies?

Pot brownies usually do not actually contain marijuana in them, rather they are made with Pot butter that extracts the THC and other cannabinoids that are are fat-soluble from Cannabis. So since, Marijuana is illegal, but Pot Brownies have no actual Marijuana in them, are they illegal? ONLY ANSWER IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT! I DON"T WANT ANY YOU POT HATERS TO RESPOND WHEN THEY TALK OUT THEIR @$$

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

their deffinantly illegal. i know that your extract the THC from the plant so u don't have any actual Marijuana in the brownie but its not the "plant" that's illegal its the semi psychoactive THC properties. so therefore having the THC and Cannabinoids in the brownies make them unfortunately illegal. but you shouldn't have any problems with law enforcements they don't smell like weed at all and you just have to politely deny it. only way they could bust you is by doing a test for THC which would show up. hope that helps =]

Source(s): My Mind
  • 1 decade ago

That's a good question and based on circumstantial evidence, there is an absence of the actual plant, which is illegal or is only the substance illegal. I don't know anyone who has ever baked brownies and gotten into trouble.

• KerryK
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

technically you cannot go to jail for possession, and the chances of a cop spotting the brownies for what they really are are slim. If you are arrested any good lawyer can get you off. THC is not illegal, marijuana is. There is a difference.

Source(s): educated stoner
  • 3 years ago

In college, We made pot lasagna. blended it in with the sauce and oregano and baked it. It got here out magnificent. The severe took a jointly as to kick in yet we've been wasted while it did. After approximately an hour it hit us. It grew to become right into a distinctive variety of "severe". extra diffused yet lasted an prolonged time. It grew to become into rather cool. We additionally placed it in enchiladas with the comparable magnificent effect, i could rather recomment. exceptionally with regs. That grew to become into in 1994.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No they are not illegal as long as you don't have the marijuana. For instance I come to your house and you make me brownies as long as you dont have any physical pot I cant do anything to you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you look at the laws, ALL PARTS of the cannabis plant is illegal. that includes the leaves, stems, roots, seeds and extracts. They are trying to prohibit THC not the plant. Extracting the THC would NOT make it legal. Hash, the resin part of the plant is just as illegal as the plant itself.

With that in mind, ANYTHING you put THC into (wether there is plant material in it or not) will be illegal, sorry bud

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Im pretty sure they're illegal since they sell em at the pot clinic that i pick up from and you need a marijuana license to buy them...so yeah i'd say they're pretty much illegal...

Source(s): POT HEAD
  • Doug
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

they are illegal because they're made from marijuana. you have to possess the marijuana to make the brownies, so therefore you're breaking the law right there.

that's like making home made pipe bombs... all the stuff to make one can be bought at your local Home Depot, but as soon as you put it all together, prepare for a trip to prison.

you have it... it's illegal... know what i mean?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Who wants to answer your question with an attitude like that. Go have another joint and relax a little

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.