Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what are synonyms for the word "insider"?

i have to write an essay and i need to know what synonyms for the word "insider" are or antonyms for the word "outsider" are... someone please. i need as many as possible.. so if there is already a better answer still put yours

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I can't think of single word synonyms, but here are some phrases that capture "insider": the in-crowd, people in the know, the inner circle, people on the inside....

In some contexts, the opposite of an outsider is someone who is popular, but that's not exactly the same thing as an insider. A synonym for outsider can also be "stranger", so an antonym could be some modified form of "friend" or "acquaintance", but that still isn't quite the same as "Insider"

The definition in merriam-webster is: : a person recognized or accepted as a member of a group, category, or organization: as a: a person who is in a position of power or has access to confidential information b: one (as an officer or director) who is in a position to have special knowledge of the affairs of or to influence the decisions of a company

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.