computer experts please please read?

For people who know alot about computers please help and read...?

somebody please please help me? i have a virus on my computer and idk what happened but there are all these things popping up and changed my background and everything! i have pics and i cant view my view all programs on startup!

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll77/crazy517_2...

and see how it says virus alert? and no time

i already tried changing it no such luck!

ok

im trying to upload the other pic but it is not working

Image upload failed

Upload failed for virus.bmp with error: A network error caused your upload to fail. Please try your upload again.

but thats not my problem

but yeah il explain the picture what would have been

when i go to start

and i wanna view all programs

and its gone

can someone please please help me?

and people tell me to do system restore and stuff and how is that possible if i cant even get to it? remember I CANT VIEW ALL PROGRAMS ON START UP!!!!!! =[

and i have windows xp desktop if that helps

and i dont have a recovery cd or anything

AND I CANT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING AT ALL!!!!!!

PEACE! i told you that it wont let me download..ANYTHING

NOTHING WORKS WHEN I DO IT IN SAFE MODE

I REPEAT

DO NOT DO NOT TELL ME TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING IT WILL NOT LET ME I EVEN GOOGLE IT AND IT BRINGS ME TO SOME RANDOM SITES

PLEASE HELP ME AND DONT TELL ME TO CALL DELL OR GEEK SQUAD PLEASE

• Steve
    Best Answer

When you boot up tap the F8 key a few times and you will be given several options. Choose Safe Mode with Networking.

You will now be able to download things which you will need to remove the infection. You have downloaded a rogue anti-virus program which is the actual infection. From the list below start with SUPERantispyware. As soon as you are able you MUST SWITCH OFF System Restore as this particular infection will hide in your restore points and reactivate itself. When you can do this scan again with everything below.

You don't say what protection you have so I'll assume none. If you have anti-virus software on your computer already you can skip the Avast suggestion although I still do recommend this.

I always recommend the following be stored on computers and install them myself on any I repair.

Avast Home Edition http://avast.com

Run a full scan once a month. I find this the best free anti-virus software

SUPERantispyware Free Edition http://superantispyware.com

Update and run a full scan once a week.

Spybot Search and Destroy http://safer-networking.org

Update, Immunize and scan once a week.

ccleaner http://ccleaner.com

Run the Cleaner scan and remove all it finds

Run the Registry scan and fix all issues but repeat this until nothing is detected.

Run this daily.

Comodo Firewall http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

Some people just prefer the Windows one but this is better.

Check that you don't need to defragment monthly and also run a Disk Cleanup monthly too.

Feel free to email me if I can be of further help

EDIT: When you are sure that your computer is free of infection you can then restart System Restore.

Source(s): I have removed this infection several times on different computers using these programs.

OK chill down.

I had reformatted a machine which is in situation like yours that nothing will start up while you start Windows.

Because i found no way to fix it. Safe mode doesn't function at all too. Even you go to safe mode it still comes out nothing but only a background for my client's machine. The only way is to reformat your hard disk drive (HDD). It is probably caused by a virus.

I would like to know whether if your safe mode works. If it doesn't works, probably reformatting is the only way you can fix your machine. If it works, scan with your anti virus software in the safe mode. Disable your system restore before virus scanning your computer.

To go safe mode, after you switch on your machine press F8 continuously until you get a screen on selecting safe mode. Select it and you will see a screen of words and wait until it goes to safe mode. Prompt if your safe mode works or not.

Source(s): I'm a Computer Technician.
  • klamn

sure it is going to. the only element that MIGHTcause you issues could be a extreme-end pictures card; say a Radeon 1650/1900/1950, or an NVidia 7300 or above. as that's, you probably did not say, yet out of your question, working a million HDD, a million DVD/CD stress and any generic video card, even a extreme end card, will artwork nice with 3 hundred watts. Douglas D MCP, MCDST, HDA, CSS (i assume that could desire to qualify as a working laptop or pc expert) playstation - i'm working an AMD Athlon sixty 4 3800+, 2 DVD/CD burners, 2 perplexing drives, a ingenious X-fi Extrememusic sound card, NVidia 6800/256mb, a million.5 gb RAM, all with a 400w ability furnish-i think of you would be nice.

well if you cant download and dont have a resource disk to reformat or cant do a system restore i think your only other option is taking it to a computer tech , if you have a best buy around you can take it there to the geek squad they are very good if not look in the yellow pages under computer and you will find some one

Source(s): good luck my friend
  • Ian C

Cap lock is annoying so stop. Your going to have to use someone elses PC if you want to fix this for free or go out and buy the stuff but what you need is Ad-aware 2008 and run on a good scan that should get rid of most of it then if you want free AVG 8.0 again a good scan preferably in safe mode. If you aren't going to use another computer and download this stuff to a flash drive or CD then i suggest you go out and buy NOD32 the full suite anti-virus and anti-malware and run the scans it will clean your PC.

firstly please click on the start (mentioned on the desktop ) then click on the run mentioned there & type prefetch their some temp files would appear select all (by pressing ALT+A) &then delete all selected files secondly type %temp% select all and delete all temp files , delete all such files from recycle bin also clear history files & re-start your computer

Simple change your hard drive, takes about 10 minutes that is if you have a spare one lying around.,