what do you think about philippines?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Juan C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

great country with friendly people...

it's just that, poverty and corruption suck!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Needs tremendous improvement on cleanliness and stopping corruption. The people who keep saying "I love my country the Philippines" are in denial and don't realize what true importance is, Which is to improve the Philippines. But what impression I seem to get from everyone is that they can care less about what happens because they don't care to do anything about it. Yes, you love your country and good for you. However, that means you love the filth and you love the corruption. If you have that type of attitude do you really think someone is going to step up to the plate and make a difference for your country' s sake? Your looking at a miracle right now the way things are going. Yes, you may think I am very negative but no one ever said the truth wouldn't hurt. You need to focus on reality sometimes so that you can resolve it. Then someday the Philippines won't have adjectives like filth, corruption and much more.Too sad....

• 1 decade ago

My thoughts? i wished there would be no national heroes day because it's these "heroes" why the philippines are in such a bad condition. If ever we were a part or colony of Japan, Europe, or America; i bet we would be having a stable condition and life like Guam (which has been a colony of US) or Hong Kong (which is a colonyn of Great Britain).

There are only two ways this country can improve:

1.) turn to communism, though oppositions may, errr..., oppose; but what i mean is the ruler would be the military or someone better.

2.) surrender and give the whole Philippines to a richer country and let it be a colony (but with the country's current condition, who'd have the strength to bring this back up?)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I keep saying . It's a great place to visit or live.

This is not a sampling of the population.

No one will stop you on the street and say bad things about their country.

Great weather. Beautiful sunshiny days and really nice people.

Every country has it's own national problems. There is poverty and desperation here. Just like in a lesser degree in the West.

There have been some good times and right now there are some hard times but you do not have to join in.

There is so much opportunity here. Few have the guts to fight to make it happen for themselves. Just like in America. The best win out. The lazy follow.

There is Faith and hope and joy in the faces of the people and I love it here.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Johny
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Its a unique place in its own right. The people are real and straight up, the culture is one that has alot of positives but also some negatives like any country ofcourse,great tourist attractions and don't get me started about the food and the women haha. Overall one of the best places on earth in my opinion. Some of the best times of my life have happened while I was there I'm sure others could agree.

• 1 decade ago

Philippines is my country, maybe have heard so many negative feedbacks about our country. I myself is not a nationalist but whatever people say about our country, I think it's still a good place to grow children, build a family and grow old. Because we value family ties. We care for others. We are a very loving people. Visit us soon.

• To kidneypa, shame on you for the thought of giving up our freedom to some other country and to be colonized again.

You must have been one of those Filipinos who drank too much of the western water.

• 1 decade ago

IVE BEEN THROUGH MANY COUNTRIES, BUT STILL DEEP IN MY HEART LOVE PHILIPPINE EVEN THOUGH PLENTY OF BAD FEDBACKS HEARD REGARDING ABOUT PHIL. GOVERMENT, WHEN MY GOLDEN YEAR COMES I MAY SETTLE BACK IN PHILIPPINES. HOPING THERE'S A BETTER AND QUICKER SOLUTION FOR ALL PHIL. ROBLEM, HOPING FOR A BETTER GOVERMENT. GOD BLESS PHILIPPINES AND CURSE ALL THE BAD OFFICIALS, AMEN....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's the ****(in English, that means that it's a great place).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it's a nice place to visit but not live in. too much corruption is going on with the gov't

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the rich love living in this country. sucks to be poor here. in the US, the poor people at least are fat.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.