Dell studio 15 better or dell Inspiron 1525 ?
Pls tell me which one's a better laptop dell studio 15 or inspiron 1525 in terms of gaming & music playing.
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
I love my inspiron 1525, it works great for games if you follow my advice. Here are some tips as a very experienced computer user.
- In general laptops are very poor game machines but fortunately dell lets you customize the 1525 if you order from dell, while many people have problems playing newer games on the 1525 and blame the video card this is not the issue. The issue is the low power core 2 duo processosr laptops use with smart stepping technology. In the BIOS you have 2 options enable smart step or lock it in the lowest speed, if there was an option to lock it in the highest speed the problem would be solved because smart step is very dumb when allocating processor power to games and they all run crappy on any laptop unless it is a custom game machine.
- solution buy the Celeron M processor with the $499.00 configaration(It will handle all of the general applications fine and as you will see it is much better for games), it runs at 2.00GHZ, and the downside is smart step is disabled in the chip and that means the processor will run at full speed all of the time (battery life will be less so get at least the 6 cell battery) but full speed all the time is much much better for games.
- Upgrade to the Vista Home Premium, and get at least 2 GB of RAM
- Hard disk size, web cam, blue tooth, ect doesn't matter for games, get what you want there.
-After it arrives, run dell support and click drivers and downloads, and enter your service tag, and download all of the updated drivers and the BIOS update.
Next change your Video Adapter configiration on device manager and set memory allocation to high.
Make sure you arn't running in power save mode, try balanced or high performance.
***Note when installing games do not install and Directx video drivers that come with the games you want to play as they will not recognize the video card and will override your updated directx 10 driver just click do not install dircectx now and ignore the warning about the game requiring directx to run ****
You now have a nice video card directx 10 with good performance and 448MB of memory here is mine.
Name Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Intel Corporation compaSystem Model Inspiron 1525
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 550 @ 2.00GHz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A13, 27/06/2008
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Adapter Description Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Adapter RAM 448.00 MB (469,762,048 bytes)
In general if you do this you will get great preformance and be able to run any game that requires a 2.00GHZ processor of less, I have DOOM 3 with 1024x728 resolution and ultra high detail, and flight similator X with ultra high detail, Playboy Mansion, Halo 2, Baseball Mongul 2009, all run great with no slow downs or problems.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Id Say the studio 15. Off the top of my head i know that it has a better graphics card for gaming. And i think that it also has a lightly better processer too! Did u know u can customize the laptops on dell to make them even better?
- 1 decade ago
I prefer dell inspiron 1525,it is enough for me to run my favarite games .and i think there is no difference playing music
- 5 years ago
I personally wouldn't touch a Dell, nothing but problems with them. You would be far better of with a HP.