I found evidence that creationism...?

makes people stupid.

Can anyone truthfully deny this?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Science has shown atheists have a higher intelligence than people with a strong religious faith. The difference is 5.8 points according to findings in developmental psychology!!!

More members of the "intellectual elite" considered themselves atheists than the national average.

Only 7 percent of members of the American National Academy of Sciences believed in God. Whilst only 3.3 percent believed in God in the UK’s Royal Society.

Several Gallup poll studies of the general population have shown that those with higher IQ’s tend not to believe in God."

Evolution in action with Christians getting left behind like the monkeys and apes before them!!!

Source(s): Aarhus University Ulster University Gallup
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, See Michael Behe's testimony in the Kitzmiller trial:

Behe's critics have pointed to a number of key exchanges under cross examination, where he conceded that "there are no peer reviewed articles by anyone advocating for intelligent design supported by pertinent experiments or calculations which provide detailed rigorous accounts of how intelligent design of any biological system occurred",[17] and that the definition of 'theory' as he applied it to intelligent design was so loose that astrology would qualify as a theory by definition as well.[18]

Hes a leading IDiot, and to him, science INCLUDES astrology. Thats pretty stupid.

It also makes it's people liars:

In fact, one consistency among the Dover School Board members’ testimony, which was marked by selective memories and outright lies under oath, as will be discussed in more detail below, is that they did not think they needed to be knowledgeable about ID because it was not being taught to the students. We disagree." (footnote 7 on page 46)

So, it's supporters on that school board committed perjury for their faith. Thats also pretty stupid.

• 1 decade ago

You are the proof that the alternative theory you have been buying into makes people abnoxious, arrogant and insulting others.

As for me, I speak 5 languages, have a first degree and a PhD and have an IQ of 145. Oh, and I am a creationist

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope. The case for Creationism is complete pseudo-science. These people are just grabbing for straws. I can, to some degree, understand their desperate attempts to 'prove' themselves and be heard, but so many of them are outright liars and have no knowledge of science whatsoever. They go about it the wrong way, and fail to see that evolution threatens only their very NARROW view of God.

Source(s): My opinion
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I figure that teaching Creationism would save tons of money. The text book would have only one page.

EDIT for Angela D above: Never mention your IQ...demonstrate it.

• marana
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Fulfilled Biblical Prophecy is information the completed completely tuned international accessible is further information. spoke back Prayer is information. Christ loss of life on the pass and witnessed miracles on the earth by potential of many is information. beneficial you're looking interior the right places for this creationism information it incredibly is eluding you?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i agreei think creationism is just stupi there is no evidence for creationism but that it is convenient.

everything can be explained away by one theory.

instead of the scientific view of

"that doesn't make sense lets research this and find an answer."

creationists have the view of

"that doesn't make sense, hmmm god must've done it.

Source(s): personal experience
  • 1 decade ago

This kind of thing is neither productive nor funny. Wether or not you agree with creationists or reason, the issue can be discussed in a productive way rather than tripe like this.

• 1 decade ago

If you understand the stupid idea that is creationism, then you will begin to realize it's flawed, incorrect and in many cases just outright ridiculous. We all hear voices inside our head, it's not god, it's called intuition. Recovering alcoholics and drug users are a funny bunch to try and reason with.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

And people put down believers for these kinds of remarks, yet it's done all the time by both.. This is very ugly of you and it is a shame !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.