Why do I still think about my ex?

I broke up with my ex over a year ago. Afterwards he lied to me and used me for sex when I was hoping we could reconcile things but I then discovered he had already got another girlfriend and tried to cover it up for months denying it when I questioned him about it. I met a guy in November and started dating him... show more I broke up with my ex over a year ago. Afterwards he lied to me and used me for sex when I was hoping we could reconcile things but I then discovered he had already got another girlfriend and tried to cover it up for months denying it when I questioned him about it.

I met a guy in November and started dating him January; our relationship has its ups and downs but I love him a lot and think he's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.

But I still think about my ex I used to think about him constantly and dream about him all the time although I never dream about my current boyfriend.

Lately I don't think about him so much but I still get it in my head to call him sometimes. This guy was horrible to me and treated me like dirt and sometimes I only wish to call him so I can put myself back in his head and cause him some of the pain he caused me however stupid that sounds.

The things that happened with my ex make it hard for me to trust my boyfriend and I get so paranoid and panicky about him cheating on me sometimes although he swears he would never do that.

My boyfriend loves me but he says I don't know how to be happy. When I think about my ex now I don't feel the pain I felt before I don't really feel anything but I do still think about him. Does this mean I'm over him or not and if I'm not will I ever be?
Update: I would never go back with him, I have spoken to him when I first got with my current bf and he told me he wanted me back but I said no because my current bf was actually nice to me and that I would never trust him again after what he did...even then he was still saying that the other girl wasn't his proper gf... show more I would never go back with him, I have spoken to him when I first got with my current bf and he told me he wanted me back but I said no because my current bf was actually nice to me and that I would never trust him again after what he did...even then he was still saying that the other girl wasn't his proper gf cos he hardly ever saw her. I dream about calling him up and talking to him but when I wake up my sense comes back and I don't.