Is this a scam from people overseas trying to sell dogs they don't really have?

I have been looking on the net to buy a yorkie and came across a bunch of ads that are giving away FREE toy and teacup yorkies. But eveytime I ask the people a question about the dogs they all have the same answer.......... that they are getting rid of the dog do to some bad accident where someone died (like there... show more I have been looking on the net to buy a yorkie and came across a bunch of ads that are giving away FREE toy and teacup yorkies. But eveytime I ask the people a question about the dogs they all have the same answer.......... that they are getting rid of the dog do to some bad accident where someone died (like there wife whos dogs they were in the first place) or they just dont have the time. The thing is they ALL say there from Cameroon. Cameroon is in Africa !!! And have to ship the dog. Now this sounds like big bull to me - is this scam going on in other states too. How can I find out if its an absolute scam and or report them?