where the heck is the oil pump at on a 98 buick lesabre?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Well 4 people answered before me. And all 4 of them were wrong. Guess that shows most people who answer on here shouldn't answer if they don't have a clue.

The oil pump on the Buick V6 is inside the timing chain cover and driven off the front of the crankshaft. The pickup for the oil pump is indeed inside the pan. But the pump itself it built into the timing chain cover. It has been that way on the Buick V6 for years.

It is a rough job. I think book time is about 5 hours

• 1 decade ago

Some people should not answer this as they dont have a clue.That should be a 3.8L engine the oil pump gear set is in the timing cover. All you can buy is the gear set. You will have to pull the harmonic balancer and there is a cover around the crank snout of 6 or 8 bolts. You remove the cover and the gears are behind it. You need to get a manual or have someone do it as there are clearances for the gears etc that need to be checked as it goes back together. The pickup screen is all that's in the pan not the pump............ujn

• 1 decade ago

In the timing cover

• 1 decade ago

it's inside the oil pan, the oil pan has to come off the engine to get to it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

it is inside the oil pan attached to the bottom of the block, right where you left it.

• 1 decade ago

you have to remove the oil pan and its inside, the pickup screen atttaches to it with 2 bolts

• 1 decade ago

i dont know the car but im betting its in the sump as the pickup point is there.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.