Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Does Sarah Palin believe in the use of birth control?

The media talks about her being Christian conservative. How conservative is she?

Favorite Answer

She is opposed to teaching birth control use in schools. She supports abstinence-only education.

I've looked for her position on contraception within marriage and while she's made comments indicating she supports it she has not clarified what she means.

She belongs to a group, Feminists for Life, which has opposed some types of birth control, such as the pill, but like her comments, they aren't direct in their opposition.

FFL is an organization espousing the following positions that only a small (5% or so) percentage of Americans agree with: (1) They explicitly oppose all (e.g. the pill, IUD, etc) forms of birth control that work after the moment of conception. (2) They are opposed to abortion even in cases of rape/incest.

Sarah Palin herself believes that sex ed should be limited to preaching/teaching abstinence and her views on that are a matter of public record.

maximum Christian religions no longer less than frown upon delivery administration, and a few even limit its use. the reason being that it undermines the education which you're meant to have intercourse with the intention to procreate, and in basic terms when you're married. In some religions mutually with Catholicism, you're required to attempt to have little ones while you're married, making delivery administration prohibited. in an attempt to respond to this question, the reason i'm against delivery administration is via the fact it undermines the values i've got faith is a income of society as an entire - it fairly is to no longer manage intercourse as a activity, yet as procreation.

She believes birth control is a personal choice. She's a member of Feminists For Life (FFL), an anti-abortion, pro-contraception organization.

Anti-abortion doesn't always mean overturning Roe vs Wade, for FFL it means the members don't believe in abortion and try to present viable alternatives to those who do.

Don't listen to the lying hype from the Loony Leftists who will gladly tell you otherwise, because their only agenda is to get Obama elected. Do your own research and find out for yourself what Sarah Palin is really about.

Personally her and her daughter should have been on birth control, doctors tell women all the time that pregnancy after the age of 35 is a risk. I think she is irresponsible and needs to be with her family at a time like this. Her family should be her number one priority, not trying the be the vp of the us.

frogcatcer Member since:

September 01, 2008

I get the feeling you think this baby should have never been born.

How sad. I am not a McCain Supporter, but in no way shape form or fashion will I stoop to the sick level to say that a child should not live b/c he/she has downs. My husbands aunt has downs and she is amazing, loving, caring, funny, smart... I am so glad we have her. As much as I would like to blast you I actually feel sorry for you.

cinnaminsonmom

sorry I did not answer your question. I only read the answers because I am curious how she feels about b.c. myself. as long as she is not pushing how she feels on any one else it does not matter to me, but if she tries to stop the use of b.c. then we have a prob. again I am sorry.

She absolutely DOES believe in the use of birth control. If anyone cares to research her opinion on the matter, her position is stated clearly many times in her position pages, wikipedia and in many news articles.

Do not believe those here who say otherwise.

• pebble

"She is Christian and pro-life, but also a supporter of birth control: she's a member of Feminists For Life (FFL), an anti-abortion, pro-contraception organization."

She opposes dumping unborn children down the sink as a form of birth control. But other forms of birth control are fine in her view.

Sounds very reasonable.

Amazing how much misinformation about her stance on birth control is starting to circulate already.

Sarah Palin gave birth to a baby with Down's Syndrome at the age of 44.

Is anyone else appalled at this?

The risk of giving birth to a baby with Down's Syndrome is extremely high in women over 40 (and even higher when the father is also over 40).

http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/...

Sarah Palin "opposes the use of birth control pills and condoms even among married couples".

I am disgusted by this irresponsible behaviour. To give birth at age 44 to a baby with Down's because you refuse to use birth control inexcusable. Ignoring the dangers that you expose yourself and your baby to by refusing to use birth control after 40 is negligent, careless, and nauseating. To believe that a woman like this has the opportunity to become Vice President of the United States of America in 2008 makes me ill.

Does anyone else share this opinion?