is their fish eggs in tapioca pudding?

cause i was always told my whole life that tapioca pudding has fish eggs in it. i was eating it last night and my uncle told me that its true. im freaked out! is tapioca really fish eggs?!

Favorite Answer

Tapioca is a flavorless, colorless, odorless starch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_tapioca

• motyka

Tapioca Fish Eggs

• Karen

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avpTR

you mom was just having a bit of fun with you, fish eggs are nasty, i dont like them either, here is some info on tapioca, and the pudding is usually a vanilla pudding bas that the tapioca is mixed with while cooking. Tapioca is basically a root starch derived from the cassava, or yuca plant. It's often used to thicken soups and sweeten the flavor of baked goods, and it makes a dandy pudding. The cassava plant is native to South America and the West Indies, where its thick, fibrous roots are used in a variety of forms: bread flour, laundry starch, an alcoholic brew, and of course, tapioca pudding. As the Encyclopedia Britannica tells us, it was probably first harvested by the Mayans. Budi Acid Jaya, a tapioca starch producer in Indonesia, uses processed cassava roots to make raw materials for crackers, toothpaste, paper, and textiles. Visit the site for an overview of the starch production process. It involves lots of heat and water. We suggest you don't try making your own tapioca at home. Cassava roots have traces of cyanide in them! The ever-resourceful Mayans figured out how to extract this poison for their blow darts, leaving the uncontaminated roots free for eating.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

is their fish eggs in tapioca pudding?

Source(s): fish eggs tapioca pudding: https://biturl.im/faK2H

No there are no fish eggs. It would probably be much simpler to do a Google search on tapioca than wait for answers on here.

• No Lol, thats just what people say because the tapioca pearls resemble fish eggs.

No. How mean was your uncle... Tapioca comes from a root and is processed into the form that you see in your pudding.

God bless you lol.

Tapioca at school dinners was always called "frog spawn", so I can understand completely.

Its not fish eggs people are always saying that or fish eyes its gross I know but really all it is is starch or somthing its safe and not discusting like fish eggs.