is there any country or city that has a interesting history?

please tell me the country and/or city

thanks...

also tell me briefly about its history:)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Elmyr
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Honestly, I think every country and city has an interesting history, but here's one.

Liberia: "In 1822, the American Colonization Society established Liberia as a place to send black people who were formerly enslaved. Other African Americans, who were never enslaved, chose to emigrate to Liberia as well.[5] African-Americans gradually migrated to the colony and became known as Americo-Liberians, from where many present day Liberians trace their ancestry. On July 26, 1847, the Americo-Liberian settlers declared the independence of the Republic of Liberia.

The settlers regarded Africa as a 'Promised Land', but they did not integrate into an African society. Once in Africa, they referred to themselves as 'Americans' and were recognized as such by local Africans and by British colonial authorities in neighbouring Sierra Leone. The symbols of their state — its flag, motto, and seal — and the form of government that they chose reflected their American background and diaspora experience. Lincoln University (founded as Ashmun Institute for educating young blacks in Pennsylvania in 1854) played an important role in supplying Americo-Liberians leadership for the new Nation. The first graduating class of Lincoln University, James R. Amos, his brother Thomas H. Amos, and Armistead Miller sailed for Liberia on the brig Mary C. Stevens in April, 1859 after graduation."

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Syria. Syria has between the richest and maximum veried histories on the earth, besides as Damascus, the oldest city on the earth. Syria has considered Greek, Roman, Persian, Arabian, Egyptian, Hittite, Assyrian, Phonecian, French, and Turkish profession. ALL of those international locations have left monuments and homes in Syria and there's a minimum of one from each united states of america nevertheless status in almost suited difficulty. Such attractions could contain the lifeless cities (Roman), Saladin's tomb (Arab), the Damascus fort (Byzantine), and the these days chanced on necropolis (Egyptian).

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.