Why to people live in New Orleans? ?

People who live in New Orleans put their lives in danger and force tax payers to help them rebuild, explain to me why the US allows these people to live there?
Update: People who live in New Orleans put their lives in danger and force tax payers to help them rebuild, explain to me why the US allows these people to live there? with 114 billion$ spent on helping New Orleans get back on its feet after Katrina, what will we do about this storm? add another 114+billion$ into its... show more People who live in New Orleans put their lives in danger and force tax payers to help them rebuild, explain to me why the US allows these people to live there?

with 114 billion$ spent on helping New Orleans get back on its feet after Katrina, what will we do about this storm? add another 114+billion$ into its relief effort?
Update 2: I am in new york, since people are asking
Update 3: After some of the hostile reply's i wanted to make it clear that i was just asking for a list of things that are making New Orleans a worthwhile city to live in.