Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 decade ago

Do you think plastic surgery is good or bad?

I think good sometimes bad others. I had my ears pinned back because I had been bullied about it in the past and they knocked my confidence, but now I'm happy. However you see women like Katie Price (Jordan) who were so beautiful before they had surgery but now look a mess. What do you thnk?

• neniaf
    Favorite Answer

I think like most things, it can be good in moderation, but it is easy to go overboard. I had a breast reduction years ago because I had terrible backaches, and I've never regretted having it done (the side effect was that people actually talked to my face, not my chest!). And I think there are a lot of people who would develop confidence if they had some element of themselves changed. However, as a woman in my 50s, I'm getting really tired of the magazines showing women in their 60s and 70s, who have clearly had absolutely everything about themselves renovated dozens of times, and telling us that this is what the new 60 or 70 looks like. As a person who could never afford the time, let alone the money, to have all of this done if I wanted to, I feel that they are now selling the same impossible ideals of beauty to older women (and men, for that matter) that they have been selling to young women for decades. Just as I'll never be 5'9" and stick-thin, I'll never have a wrinkle-free complexion and a body which I can show off in a bikini again. And it is annoying to have that shown to me as some sort of an "ideal".

Like you have said in the description i reckon plastic surgery can help people is they have problems or feel really self consious with themselves. if its just becuase you have the money to get bigger breasts or something i dont think its the best thing, but then again it is their body so we cant do much about it.

You should be happy with the way you look and shouldn't change for anybody else but gettin bullied at school is kind of different i guess.

Honestly i have just gfave two diffrent opinions but that's what i think.

Good question.

Personally, I don't think that it is good at all. You are the way you are and you should be proud and confident. You don't need to change the way you look, you just need to change your attitude. Plastic surgery is definitely not a good idea. As you get older, it will be more obvious that you have gotten plastic surgery in the past and it just doesn' t look natural. When you are young, the best idea is to not get plastic surgery, it will be better for you when you get older. Try being more positive and believe in yourself, a small change in your attitude could make you feel like a whole new person, without tampering with your skin and the features that you were born with.

i think plastic surgery is alright... people get plastic surgery done to make them self feel better, feel beautiful, feel more confident... i had a nose job done before.. but honestly, it wasnt a 100% beautiful nose job... its not what i totally wanted but it was better than before... and it actually boost up my confident.. nobody in the world know i got a nose job except for my family.. like i said, not a big different but still i look better now.. im PRETTY happy and my confidence level is up.. if i have the money i would even get double eyelids and make my face thinner... i just want to feel beautiful myself.. i dont want to be the kid who use to NOT fit in any groups, no friends and been called ugly by a guy i use to love so much...

All depends on your personal issues. I think depending on the problem, that plastic surgery could boost your overall confidence. I had it done 10t years ago and it did wonders. You also have to grasp the fact that nothing is guaranteed. As long as you feel good about the choices you make, then no worry. Take life as it comes....be happy in your skin.

i think that people should not care too much about what they look like. Beauty dosen't really matter.

it depends what it is...if it really affects yo life or summat

bad.You must be so sad,If breaking your bodyparts,or morphing yourself makes you happy.