Is abortion service free in canada?

I'm seventeen and pregnant.So far I'm relying completely on my recently divorced father.

I currently reside in newfoundland canada and is covered by blue cross.

I'd call up my insurance, but where my family doesn't know I'm pregnant, I just can't risk it.

Also, would my parent(s) have to know about the abortion in order to get it?

Obviously it was stupid to get pregnant..but accidents happen.I'm trying to do the best I can, but I really just want to know my options.This happens to be one of them.

I am a very ill girl whom suffers from eating and other mental disorders.(Dare make fun and you'll be sorry XD) And I'm just not sure how I can ever get through this pregnancy.(No excuse I know....)

I know how horrible abortion is..believe me...but I'm curious of MY options..

So please give the answer to the question not try and make me feel even worse about all this.

Favorite Answer

Abortions in Canada are legal for all females 12 years of age or older. Females aged 12 through to the age of majority do not require parental approval.

Abortions in Canada are provided on request and funded by Medicare, to Canadian citizens and permanent residents (as with most medical procedures) in hospitals across the country. Abortion funding for hospitals comes from the various provincial governments (their overall health expenses are however paid for in part by the federal government). One-third of hospitals perform abortions, and these perform two-thirds of abortions in the country. The remaining abortions are performed by public and private-for-profit clinics.

Medical abortion is available in Canada on a limited basis using methotrexate and misoprostol; mifepristone (more widely known as RU-486) is not legally approved, and importation of that drug in Canada is currently illegal. Clinical trials were done in 2000 in various Canadian cities comparing methotrexate to mifepristone, after approbation by the federal government. While both drugs had overall similar results, mifepristone was found to act faster. [2] As of May 2005, it is unclear whether or when RU-486 will be approved for use in Canada.

Is Abortion Free In Canada

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awSLu

Im not in Canada , but honey , I need to say this: DO NOT let the extreme christians and angry pro-lifers get to you. This is your body and your life , you need to do what is best for you. Expect the extreme christians and disgruntled pro-lifers to reply with nasty comments because they cannot read. Ignore them and listen to your heart. In the end , you and you alone are the only person judged for the choices you made. I hope you can decide on the best choice for you , and I know that no matter what you decide , you will find peace with it in the end. I apologize for the ignorant who cannot see past their own cause.

• MEL B.

In the US there is an agency called Panned Parenthood. They help with the type of situation you are in. Maybe you can google that name and see if there is a location in Canada. Please also consider adoption. This is something you will always remember and you want to handle well. Please call up a local Dr.'s office for the name of an agency that can help-they will have info on that. Please get counseling-this is a tough place to be in. Best wishes.