Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

What pads should I get?

Online both the TPS Response Armor 8s and Vaughn Velocity 3s are on sale. I know kids with both and both love them. I like a softer pad with a lot of padding in the leg channel. i hate the feeling of my pads when they're so loose that i'm only touching the straps with my calves. I like how the TPS pads are really customizable so i can just switch stuff whenever i want. I also went to a camp where two instructors had the V3's and everybody else who tried them loved them. what are the differences? also i play a semi technical game but i'm definitely not always in the butterfly. plus my butterfly is kinda narrow.

Favorite Answer

I have V3's and i also love them lol I'm a butterfly goalie and that's how i use them, but for the occasional standing save they are on my legs in a good position and they don't move around much, despite how loose i have them. Also, they feel nice, as in not too loose or tight. They have lots of padding for the leg, everything is covered, with over a year in net with them, i have taken no shots in the leg. And you can choose how many of those knee pads you want in them(as all pads do)

But most importantly, they make the save!

P.S. If your butterfly is narrow, just strap on your pads at home(no other equipment needed but glove/blocker/stick helps with your form) and find a nice smooth floor that won't damage your pads. stand in your "ready position" and butterfly, make a mental note of the approximate size. Next try standing with your legs a little bit farther apart. that should help a bit right there. also, if that doesn't work too well, force your legs up-as in:normal butterfly = /*\ force them in as straight of a line as possible = -*- that should also open it up during games without thinking about it. it worked for my friend, so it may work for you, though it is hard explaining through text and not in person.

good luck!

Source(s): personal experience-own V3

I use the RBK Pulse pads. They have a lot a padding in the knees, so that should prevent your problem. Personally, though I don't know anything about those two sets of pads.

rbk expulse

rbk expulse