Pokemon Question (Starting Pokemon)?

Is it just me or is it not fair. Ok i had picked Chimchar as my first pokemon. It was super affected by water (Duh) even at its 3rd evolution.

Now, the second one i picked was grass one. It was super affected by fire. (Duh) even at its 3rd evolution

Now, piplup is super affected by grass type moves, even the second evolution. But at its 3rd, its not super effected by grass. Aint it wierd? Atleast thats how it is in my game, I have 1 pokemon pearl and 4 pokemon diamonds. It happens in all of them. Thats not fair for the other 2 starters lmao.

Favorite Answer

That is because Piplup's 3rd stage is Water/Steel.This comes at a cost making it's speed slower though.Grass doesn't really affect steel very much so that's why.

It's because Empoleon is both Water and Steel type. You can kill an Onix with Grass Knot but you cannot even effect Steelix.

If you think about, the 3rd evolution of the starters can kill the ones that are super effective against them.

Empoleon's Water types can kill Torterra's Ground type.

Torterra's Ground types can kill Infernape's Fire type.

Infernape's Fighting types can kill Empoleon's Steel type.

It's all fair in the finally summary.

Ok look at this In general the stats of puplip are at best general and the learned move pool is to say the least less desire able. Even with ev's maxed hes not the bomb. But the steel type componsates alot of bs.

Chimchar- Fighting fire, hates birds water and phychic types, isnt fond of ghosts either. Lets asses this his ev's are off the charts with spc att and att and speed. Having high speed means he can kill any water type with a strong att first. But simple his move pool is the bomb too, ie. close combat.

Turtwig- Grass ground/3rd stage. Lets look at this tank. Lesser speed but the defense to hold against almost anything and a ground grass combo makes his skills and move pool rediculous. His move pool also fits to his needs. His emense att and lower spc att. makes him a titan to be reconded with.

So all starters are not equal but i invite you to go back and get charmander squirtle and bulbasaur, may favorie starters hand down!

Source(s): www.serebii.net

Empoleon is part Steel, Torterra is part Ground. Torterra can grab Earthquake and deal Super Effective damage to Empoleon. However, Infernape should be the center of your whining, it can hit Torterra AND Empoleon both for Super Effective from attacks it gets while leveling up.

It must be like that for a reason! Maybe Piplup is WEAKER all together or learns worse moves than the others and that is why they might have to give it a non-effected abilities. I personally can't be sure on the other hand - look into it!

Ya i know, i have that game to and my piplup iin 3rd revolution isnt really affected by grass, it really isnt fair :(

Source(s): meeeeeeee

It is a little unfair, I suppose.

Especially considering that Torterra is super affected by fire(x2), flying(x2), bug(x2), and ice(x4) and Infernape is super affected by water(x2), ground(x2), flying(x2), and psychic(x2), while Empoleon is only super affected by electric(x2), fighting(x2), and ground(x2).

I guess all Pokemon have their pros and cons though!

the 3rd form of piplup becomes part ice and isnt affected as much by grass

Who cares, anyway? The game has been made. There is no changing it. Complain the Nintendo, not Yahoo! Answers.

No, because torterra is part ground, which is super effective to steel.