If you like Piers Anthony Xanth series, who is another author that I can read thats interesting?

I need something to read. I love piers anthony Xanth series but he hasnt come out with any new books, so i'm looking for an author who is similar. Same situation with Holly Black also!

Favorite Answer

David Gemmell (Legend and all of his other books)

George R. R. Martin (A Game of Thrones and the rest of the Song of Ice and Fire saga)

Robin Hobb (Assassin's Apprentice and the Farseer books)

Orson Scott Card (Seventh Son and the Alvin Maker books or Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow and their sequels)

Kevin J. Anderson (Hidden Empire and the rest of the Saga of Seven Suns books)

Steven Gould (Jumper and his other books)

David Farland (The Runelords books)

Steve Perry (The Man Who Never Missed and the Matador books)

Brandon Sanderson (Elantris, Mistborn...)

R. A. Salvatore (The Demon Awakens and the rest of his Demon Wars books. Jilsepony--Pony--is a great character.)

Robert Jordan (Eye of the World and the Wheel of Time)

Terry Goodkind (Wizard's First Rule and the other Sword of Truth books)

Tad Williams (The Dragonbone Chair, The Stone of Farewell and To Green Angel Tower Pt1 and 2)

• Wow, not asking for alot are you? LOL

Piers Anthony is PURE GENIUS.

As a HUGE Xanth fan I can first reccomend his OTHER fabulous series.

Apprentice Adept

Bio of a Space Tyrant

Battle Circle

ChroMagic series

Cluster

Geodyssey

Incarnations of Immortality

Of Man and Manta

Mode

Pornucopia

All of which have three to eight books in their series.

My favorite being the Apprentice Adept series.

The only other series of fantasy/science fantasy I can recomend of his quality is of course, The Lord of the Rings, the Harry Potter series.......

And Anne McCaffrey with her Dragonriders of Pern series (around 33 books in the series).

But I think Piers Anthony WILL keep you busy for awhile.

Finally it isn't me asking for recomendations. Here are my favorite authors and books ever! Mercedes Lackey's Dragon Joulster series Valdamar series (starts with The Black Gryphon) Raymond E Feist The Riftwar Saga (starts with Magician's Apprencace) Robert Jordan (Conan the barbarian books and especially his Wheel of time series) R A Salvatore The Dark Elf Trilogy (the first three books were great but after that it was down hill) Clarical Quintet (Awsom book over 1000 pages long) Epic Novels Eragon, Eldist, Brisinger by John Christopher Paolini The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss I am going to leave you a link my favorite sourse to find books online.

The Case Of The Toxic Spell Dump by Harry Turtle Dove and Leslie Fish. Then there is Jack L. Chalker. If you have read both of these and this is not a wag question then would suggest Tom Holt.

If you have read all of his books then try Alan Dean Foster's Spell Singer Series. If that too then Robert Asprin.

Source(s): suggestions.

Robert Aspirin

Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

I moved from Piers to read The Dragonlance, Raymond E Feist, and George R R Martin (he takes some getting used to)

The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde

Television ruins your mind and makes you bad in institution hmmm and reading is interesting and makes you smarter

I would read a booklet but I want silence and I watch television set for Big Bang theory family guy spongebob comedy or movies in general throw me a good book and I'll read it I'm not old a instructor or a nerd

• Sela C

You could try Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman for funny fantasy.

Dave Eddings - the belgariad, ellenium, tamuli, and mallorean series