So what's really going on with Obama and the babies born alive?

He's not suggesting killing babies, is he? I don't like him, but can he be that bad??

Update:

I am pro-life so this is even worst to me. Abortion is already a murder in MY opinion. A fetus has a life even if it's inside a womb.

Update 2:

To . .

-----

At least there's nothing immoral about McCain dropping dead. We have no control over our lives ending because of aging. Obama on the other hand, has control over protecting lives but he chooses not to. That's immoral.

37 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You heard right.If the baby was to be aborted, it must die per the Obama plan.

tcw

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think abortion is a decision between the woman considering it, God, and the surgeon performing it. It has nothing to do with any of us, so why anyone on here has the audacity to speak about it is beyond me. Women get abortions for many different reasons, some more selfish then others I agree but still, what does that have to do with you and why are you concerned if you're not considering it. People say all the time, "Women who have abortions are evil!" I honestly would rather a woman exercise her right to have an abortion then for her to either a. abuse that child or b. kill it when it's born in some horrid way.

We have to understand that it is not our job to judge that. If you, as a people, do not want to help in health care aid and want to keep it private, then you, as a people, get out of a women's business at a clinic or hospital for abortion and stop making those who did go through with it feel like ****. It's not your place. You don't say anything about adulteries needing to be put in jail or having that be a law whereas if you do it you get stoned or something. Don't do it to these women. It's not your place. It's not your business.

What do you think these rich people do when they have an unwanted pregnancy? The same ones you worship go out and terminate it. But you won't hear about it. If you're not considering one, that's good for you. If you love your children, that's even better. But 9 times out of 10, your child wasn't a unplanned pregnancy, 9 times out of 10, you weren't raped and discovered two weeks later you were pregnant, 9 times out of 10, you weren't told that if you go through with the pregnancy not only will you die but your baby would be a stillborn. You don't know the situation. You don't know how hard the decision is and you'll never know how those women feel after having an abortion.

You don't know their story. So don't judge them.

*thumbs down* Guess you didn't read where I said, stone all of the women who get abortions huh? Well, it's gonna hit close to home for you one day, and I hope to God that it does some time soon. And when it does, I hope that if you get an abortion, you read these questions and your answer in particular and I hope you feel the same way. And that your judgemental sneer and holier than thou attitude is still upon your face and in your life.

• S C
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Sometimes late term abortions are unsuccessful and the baby human survives. In Illinois, these "unsuccessfully aborted fetuses" were just left to die. A nurse in one of the hospitals was horrified that these "unsuccessfully aborted fetuses" were being left lying in a bunch of medical waste. She would often hold these babies until they died - - sometimes it took half an hour, sometimes several hours. She lobbied the Illinois legislature for changes that would allow these babies to be treated as humans instead of medical waste. Obama was not moved, he was concerned that the proposed legislation might make cause more work for the hospitals. I'm not really clear on his issue with the legislation as it was widely supported by both Dems and Republicans.

You can debate about a woman's right to choose but once a human baby is born and breathing on his own, is it really that hard to admit that he's a unique living being with all of the constitutional rights granted in our Constitution.

Please research this issue. If this is such a complicated issue for Obama, it's apparent to me that he's a dangerous and incompetent choice for the White House!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

These so called pro-life guys just never get it.

Shouldn't the decision to make baby be left on the shoulder of the persons concerned?

Why do other think they have responsibility to make mandatory laws decision for others private affairs?

I am not for abortion but let those who feel it make their decisions.

This extreme pro-life and at the same time pro-bomb or pro-gun thing is another HYPOCRAZY (spelt as i want) in the minds of the deluded with nothing to do with their lives.

These are the same people against social security and against immigrants and the needy human.

It is like - go ahead and have deformed baby or baby with no support be you are on your own and the baby is on his or her own when they grow up without social support.

And these christians/faithfuls will support high gas price, recession, and $10 trillion debt creator GOP who care little about the weak and the vulnerable?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

"He's not suggesting killing babies, is he?"

No, he's not. This is a smear that's been debunked dozens of times here in Yahoo Answers.

Protection of babies born alive was already granted by federal law, which Obama pointed out when explaining his position.

"can he be that bad??"

In fact, the need to protect babies after they're born with legislation seems phony (see more below). In the end, this is all just a right-wing gullibility test for the rest of us. You were right to find it fishy.

As Obama said at Saddleback Church (transcript here:http://www.rickwarrennews.com/transcript/ ) his being pro-choice doesn't mean he's pro-abortion. Obama wants to reduce the abortion rate, JUST LIKE THE REST OF US. He's just unwilling to take his anti-abortion stance so far as to make illegal a woman's choice in the matter, including in cases of rape, incest, or even the endangerment of the life of the mother.

As for the actual need of such legislation (setting aside for a moment that the baby-protection part was already redundant), the perception of a need was triggered by a nurse called Jill Stanek, who claimed that fetuses that were born alive at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Illinois, were abandoned without treatment, including in a soiled utility room. The Illinois Atty. General's office, then under abortion foe Jim Ryan, directed the Illinois Dept. of Public Health to conduct a thorough investigation of the claims, because what she was alleging were violations of existing law, supporting Obama's position that Illinois law already prohibited the conduct. Illegalities aside, Ryan was naturally quite concerned that such heinous activity could be going on in a hospital, as any sentient human being would. But as one might expect, the story that was so heinous that it couldn't be true, in fact was not true. The investigation concluded, "The allegation that infants were allowed to expire in a utility room could not be substantiated (and) all staff interviewed denied that any infant was ever left alone." Shafer was quick to add that neither he nor the IDPH report concluded that her testimony was untruthful or exaggerated to help advance her anti-abortion views -- simply that their investigation did not substantiate the allegations. Nevertheless, not too credible, huh?

Jill Staneck also says domestic violence is acceptable against women who have abortions. She also supports billboards in Tanzania that say "Faithful Condom Users" in English and Swahili, written next to a large skeleton, to discourage condom use. She claims that "aborted fetuses are much sought after delicacies" in China to which she added, "I think this stuff is happening."

So why was the legislation put forth in the first place, if the baby-protection part was redundant? The act was designed as "wedge" legislation. It was designed for just for the sort of attack that you're referencing. When a group does this, they put in one horrible provision (the "infanticide" part of the bill) and package it with a bunch of other provisions that assault a woman's right to choose. Then, when someone votes against the bill to protect that right, they say the vote was over the "infanticide."

If anti-Obama people want to attack Obama for not making abortions illegal, then OK, fine. If they want to scold him for not doing enough to reduce the impulsiveness that leads to so many abortions and an STD rate among teens of 25%, then OK, fine. But passing on stuff that's just made up is a bit much. Trying to keep others from breaking Commandment 6 doesn't give them permission to break Commandment 9.

• 1 decade ago

Look him up on youtube speaking to planned parenthood and you can see him joking around about "all the good work they are doing helping women ohhh and whether they know it or not men too haha". He's a babykiller if there ever was one, as for the born alive act it was a bill to give a baby rights if it survived an abortion attempt and mr. hope himself voted against it as a state senator and also was the only one who felt compelled to stand up and speak out against it! The same bill passed the u.s. senate 98-0, he tries lying about it saying the state bill didn't protect roe v. wade but it did protect it. He tries to cloud the truth every chance he gets.

• kck
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Obama did vote against a certain provision regarding late term abortion. Because and I quote "All I've said is we should have a provision to protect the health of the mother, and many of the bills that came before me didn't have that." He just didn't like the wording of the bill. It happens all the time.

If you want abortion legal under ANY conditions - rape, incest, health of the mother, terminal health problem you are PRO-CHOICE.

• Mir
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

He voted against four separate bill that would have protected babies who survive abortions. He also insinuated that babies are a punishment to young women who get pregnant.

So YES he is suggesting killing babies...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you've listened to anything Obama has said about his stance on abortion, you'd know he doesn't believe in any kind of abortion, but doesn't feel the government has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body'

So all the smut on yahoo that says he's in favor of abortion and letting born babies die is utter nonsense.

• 1 decade ago

there are situations where the abortion does not work and the babies survive...in that situation obama wants and has voted for the babies to be left to die. meaning no food, medical assistance, etc...this is already something he has endorced...please check into it and you will find that it is true. if the baby lives (which does happen) it is left to lay and starve to death...and people want this man to run our country???

McCain/Palin '08

• 1 decade ago

He agreed with a law that doesn't provide medical care to babies born alive after a botched abortion.

How could anyone even begin to equate that trapping and killing animals (which I am totally against) for their fur is equal to that of killing the unborn?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.