Maytag or LG- which dishwasher to buy?

The time has come to buy a new dishwasher, and I'm debating between Maytag and LG brands. I prefer a quieter one, longer-lasting one that can clean well. I've done a little research and saw that LG is more expensive. Is it really worth the extra money?

Favorite Answer

Avoid Maytag - almost any other brand would be better. Store brands might be better. They have ruined their reputation by substituting shoddy parts for good ones.

Maytag went through tough times a few years back. The new owners sacrificed quality, hoping that the company's good name would keep people buying. But the company continued to lose money, and last year was bought by Whirlpool. It's going to take two or three years before Whirlpool has the brand back on its feet, but until that happens I'd avoid Maytag completely.

Whirlpool's other brands - its namesake brand, Kitchenaid, and Kenmore - are much better quality than Maytag. LG is good quality (but the clothes washers are not terribly sturdy), but they aren't that much better.

My family had a MAYTAG and it lasted two years and broke and was Noisy...We then bought an LG (This was 5 years ago) It still works and Is so Quite you can only just hear it when your right next to it and it is definitely worth the extra money!

Source(s): Personal Experience.

Don't recommend these two brands they are basically junk and will be unreliable best to purchase Whirlpool dishwasher Whirlpool has been named the best and most reliable appliance manufacture of todays appliance Good Luck !

Source(s): Personal experience Owner of Whirlpool Dishwasher dishwasher is nearly fifteen years old never had any problems with this dishwasher since purchase and very happy with performance machine is quiet and can hold plenty of dish loads