Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What is the Flying Spaghetti Monster and do atheist believe in it?

My BF told my atheists believe in something and that it is called the Flying Spaghetti monster.

I thought it was funny. What is this flying spaghetti monster thing and do you really believe in it?

Ok what is the flying spaghetti monster. Maybe he was joking, but I heard about it several times :-)

At least you atheist people have a sense of humor that God gave you - LOL

You can say what you want about me but at least I make you all smile! :-)

• Rai A
    Favorite Answer

Atheism & a belief in the Flying Spaghetti Monster are two different things.

Well kinda...

FSM is a direct response to provide an alternative to the dualist ID vs Evolution bunfight. FSM followers come from all sections of the Community - BUT not all Atheists are even interested in that particular story.

.

Source(s): Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

"there is not any Flying Spaghetti Monster" is a superbly valid fact because of the fact there is honestly no information that it exists. If there is irrefutable information that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exist, then the fact is obviously fake. What people have faith does not make it authentic, ie the occasion you given approximately people believing Earth to be the middle of the Universe. So if people, many people, have faith that God exist it does not advise that God surely exits. A logical being might take the part that except you practice some thing to be in existence then that element does not exist. in any different case how are we would ought to coach the non-existence of the Easter Bunny, Zeus, Bogey guy, Santa Clause, and so on...to declare they do no longer exist and that's only loopy

• Hobo

>>>My BF told my atheists believe in something and that it is called the Flying Spaghetti monster.

Indeed

>>>I thought it was funny.

Not a good thought to give voice to.

>>> What is this flying spaghetti monster thing

THING!

The FSM, is one of two manifestations of the supreme power, and represents all that is male, and desirable, yea, even Beer, and Bolognese Sauce, with Chillies, and long Noodles..

His female manifestation, is the Invisible Pink Unicorn, PBUH Who represents everything else, especially those girly things like getting Pan Stick on your new $1000 Mohair suit, and the deft application of the six inch stiletto to the instep, when all you did, was glance at the couple beside you, in the middle of the last waltz

>>>and do you really believe in it?

Of course; How can anyone not believe in His Great Noodlyness, when surrounded by so much evidence?

You don't think that man is capable of creating Bolognese Sauce, on his own; do you?

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the deity of a parody Religion.

Atheists don't believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Yesterday I went to a restaurant.I ordered the usual Spaghetti but something was really weird about it.I ate it anyway and that night the spaghetti come out of my body and it said I am the Flying Spaghetti monster and know you have got my powers.I WAS STUNNED

But I let go of the matter and finished my degree and one day i found that i was transformed into spaghetti.I soon realized that i could not live here anymore so I boarded a space saucer,with the help of captain meatballs.Captain meatballs knew that I was one of their kind and allowed me to marry young meatelly(a meatball).We were a happy couple but one day the ketchup giant came to my house in my absence and ate my wife and kids.Oh poor kids(cry cry cry) Oh poor onion,tomato,ginger and chilli.I found meatelly HALF EATEN.I asked her who had done it to her,she said it was the ketchup giant...................................she.........................she died in my arms.I swore to get revenge on the ketchup giant.I remembered that i had some special powers so i went to INDIA where i met Guru goat.He said that if I unleashed my true power i........i..........WOuld become the spaghetti monster.I did say the mantra and I did transform into the monster.....But i later ended up in a plate and was served to someone

THIS IS THE LEGEND OF THE SPHAGETTI MONSTER

• Mike S

Wikipedia it.. will give you all the answers!! Tis hilarious!! It's actually a real religion but one made up by Atheists. Basically it's made to prove that god can be anything imaginable, even a flying spaghetti monster who created this flawed earth after a big night of drinking!

Read up on it, it's hilarious! Atheists dont BELIEVE in it but use it as a case against religious folk but tis something fun that can be observed

I think they do. I heard this is the prayer they say:

Hail, pasta 1 2 3 meatballs watch over me. In my mouth and over my gums look out stomach here it comes. They pray it about 3 times a day more if their constipated. They do get that way sometimes because they also have to eat bananas when they sin. They have some sort of a chart, so many bananas for certain sins. It would take too long to get into all the details now.. I'm just going to stick with Christianity. The truth, The way, The light.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is a made-up God.

However, the FSM (as He is known for short) has every bit as much validity as the gods of the Bible or the Qur'an.

Atheists don't believe in the literal existence of the FSM, but instead mention Him to point out the absurdity of other religions.

Atheist DO NOT believe in the flying spaghetti monster. it is an example used by atheists to counter the christian argument that "you cannot prove that god doesnt exist" the response is that you cannot prove that the flying spaghetti monster doesnt exist either but that doesnt mean that it DOES exist.

basically it is just to highlight the fact that you cant disprove a negative.

An athiest doesn't believe in any type of god, therefore no they don't believe in FSM.

People who believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster are Believers!