Is there such thing as God?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Update : If there was, why doesn't he stop little children from dying, and ...show more
Update 2: i haven't ever read the bible and don't plan to
Best Answer
Are you created or not? It's one or the other. If you were created, then there is God for He is the Creator.

**************************EDIT********...
You assume God exists, then condemn Him for not helping children. If you assume God exists, then you must also condemn yourself and others for not doing as He commanded which is to love our neighbors as ourselves.
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (22)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • rambricher answered 6 years ago
    No there isn't. God was created by humans so he could answer their questions about the unknown.
    • 11
    • Comment (1)
  • Z answered 6 years ago
    According to mountains and mountains of proof... No.
    According to the Bible... Yes.

Take your pick.
    • 5
    • Comment
  • Harry Pothead 2 answered 6 years ago
    No there isn't. The idea of god is a cultural creation by humans, and the bible is just a bunch of myths and legends.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Ceisiwr answered 6 years ago
    I don't believe so.

I was once a devout Catholic, until my mid-late teenage, when I realised that faith was based upon nothing but itself, and that ideas about particles/waves of matter/energy and forces interacting with each other in space-time in a finite, yet boundless, expanding universe, satisfied me as explanation about how nature works. And the Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection is extremely impressive. There was no need for supernatural beings or God, which so complicated things that it was virtually certain they don't exist.

I've read the Bible several times right through and refer to it regularly, because it's one of my interests. I wouldn't claim to be anything like expert, but I do have a good knowledge of it. I've also read the Qu'ran, but can't claim anything like the same knowledge as I have of the Bible.

I'm interested in understanding why people believe deeply in things that seem to me to be clearly untrue. And I've been interested in religions, mythology, folklore, fairy tales and related matters since I was a child.
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Bryan Rodriguez answered 5 months ago
    No he doesnt athiest people are the worlds future becouse of ther curiosity and smarts and the human race created god to believe in a leader that brings good and faith to the world,, i believe
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Recreant- father of fairies answered 6 years ago
    Em,

I'll probably get a violation for this (it seems to happen when I require clarification), but we can't answer your question coherently as asked. You see, you haven't really given us a clear conception of what you mean when you say 'god.' Your additional details lean towards a christian conception, but talking to christians, it's clear that even their definition can vary greatly.

That said, no, there is no such thing as god.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Fluorescent Adolescent answered 6 years ago
    Yes! He is in us all! Now lets all join hands and sing hallelujah songs!

(No. No there definitely isn't.)
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Aparna J answered 6 years ago
    yup n i can definetily tell u that he is looking at u right now too n he never minds of this question of urs n he luvs u a lot!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Jedidiah C answered 6 years ago
    I believe that there is.
    I don't know why God doesn't prevent things from happening. You'll find that several of the people in the bible asked the same thing. But they seemed to keep faith and everything worked out. But yea, I don't know why God does this or doesn't do this. But, I do believe he is real. Perhaps that is the test. Evil is in the world, so evil will happen in the world, is the best thing I could say about that. I don't know God all that much.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Rakhi C answered 6 years ago
    yes god there
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• JC Rules! answered 6 years ago
    You might want to read this, zillions x zillions x zillions plus yrs. is just a tad bit too long to be regretting being wrong don't you think?

http://www.near-death.com/storm.html

Take care.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • marchello14 answered 6 years ago
    Christian: "Yes there is! look at the bible!"
    Atheist: "Nope, no proof."

Source(s):

Atheist
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Mario E answered 6 years ago
    No one can say.

If they say they can, they're lying.
    And worse, they might be delusional.

Be very careful when it comes to people wanting you to believe in God.

And I don't say this to dismiss a good church, a good pastor, or a person with good intentions who wants to introduce you to a life of Faith.

But most of the time, they'll want you to believe in THEIR version of the bible, or THEIR version of good and bad, THEIR version of who God is, etc., etc., etc.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • korban answered 6 years ago
    If you want proof, you can google Eucharistic miracles, Lanciano is tested and proved to be the Body and Blood of Jesus.
    According to recent apparitions from Our Lady, you need to choose soon! God is about to punish the world, for it's great apostasy.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • dolly knockers answered 6 years ago
    If people Believe then of course there is, You cant see Love, Hate, gas as these don't have a physical structure but you can see the effects. Its the same with a GOD. If he exists in someones heart and makes their life better of course he exists.

I personally don't have a god in my life at the moment maybe one day if I am hanging from a cliff and in desperate need of help I may just discover one to ask for help.

If people concerned their selves with living their own life and respecting other peoples right to do the same the would would be a much nicer place.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • old know all answered 6 years ago
    Do you want the quick religious answer (Yes), the atheists answer (No) or the theological answer.

The theological position is it depends what you means by "is", "there", and "thing". If we consider everything that exists, what has always existed we define as "God" and what exists conditionally we define as the universe. So God exists by definition. Deciding what God is, and whether we need to do anything about God is another matter entirely.

However, if you are looking for a kindly old man with a long white beard, that's Father Christmas.

PS The nature of all living things is that they die. Humans have an average lifespan of around 75, but some die earlier and some later. Are you looking for a God to regulate this? Yes it's a shame that granny died, but that's what you get for being alive.

Humans were never designed to fly - or travel great distances by any means. We have the intelligence to overcome this limitation, but it carries a risk. If we could perfect our environment, no-one would ever fall off his bike or his camel, and cars and planes would never crash. God is not a nanny following us around making sure we don't hurt ourselves. We've built ourselves a dangerous world and we need to accept the risks or go and live on a desert island (and get drowned because of global warming)
    • 1
    • Comment
  • faithfullgem answered 6 years ago
    It depends some people do think the is a god others don't.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Marty74 answered 6 years ago
    A definite answer on this is unprovable either way - despite what some people may try and claim as absolute truth.

you cant prove there is and you cant prove there isnt.

personally, i do not believe there is a god but most human beings do.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Matthew answered 6 years ago
    "Satan is the god of this world." 2 Corinthians 4:4
    So what do you expect?
    • 2
    • Comment
  • StonerChick answered 6 years ago
    I believe there is but its all up to you! People can tell you about God doesn't mean your gonna listen...I don't live like a christian but I still believe in God & to me theres so many reasons why,theres so many beautiful things in the world that nothing els could possibly make! unless of course they had a beautiful heart,even the simple things in life like a child or the feel of the wind against your skin..alot of people believe in God and the bible but do not live by it such as myself..I feel very hypocritical but then again everyones hyprocritical in one way or another! If you want to know more about God then find someone who your comfortable with that will talk to you about it! If not then carry on with your life but always remember to respect people & their beliefs no matter what it may be!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Ronan answered 6 years ago
    yes,and no i dont love you,every one of ye was a mistake that iv been trying to fix.........i give up.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Al Bundy answered 6 years ago
    Yes, and he loves you very, very much!
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock