Yin asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Who's abortion stand do you agree with, Obama or Palin?

Obama is proud to be for abortion including partial birth and even if the baby accidently makes it out alive he argued in the Illinois Senate that it would be a risk to Roe v Wade if babies surviving abortions were alowed to live.

Palin was told before giving birth that her 5th child would have Down Syndrom. Now, of course Obama would abort but Palin said, this is my baby and he may have an extra cromozome but he's perfect.

I know who's stance the baby likes.

Favorite Answer

"Obama is proud to be for abortion including partial birth and even if the baby accidently makes it out alive"

Could you spell out a little how you arrive at this conclusion? There's a smear flying around along these lines, but the line of reasoning to this unlikely sounding conclusion that Obama won't protect babies born alive is either not given or is tenuous at best.

Considering additionally that such protection was already granted by federal law, which Obama pointed out, your claim seems even more tenuous.

In fact, the need to protect babies after they're born with legislation itself seems phony. (see more below) Are you sure this whole thing isn't a right-wing gullibility test for the rest of us?

As Obama said at Saddleback Church (transcript here:http://www.rickwarrennews.com/transcript/ ) his being pro-choice doesn't mean he's pro-abortion. Obama wants to reduce the abortion rate, just like the rest of us. He's just unwilling to take his anti-abortion stance so far as to make illegal a woman's choice in the matter, including in cases of rape, incest, or even the endangerment of the life of the mother.

This doesn't really seem to jive with your claim at all, making your claim increasingly extraordinary. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and you're not providing any evidence at all.

As for the actual need of such legislation (setting aside that the baby-protection part was already redundant), the perception of a need was triggered by a nurse called Jill Stanek, who claimed that fetuses that were born alive at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Illinois, were abandoned without treatment, including in a soiled utility room. The Illinois Atty. General's office, then under abortion foe Jim Ryan, directed the Illinois Dept. of Public Health to conduct a thorough investigation of the claims, because what she was alleging were violations of existing law, supporting Obama's position that Illinois law already prohibited the conduct. Illegalities aside, Ryan was naturally quite concerned that such heinous activity could be going on in a hospital, as any sentient human being would. But as one might expect, the story that was so heinous that it couldn't be true, in fact was not true. The investigation concluded, "The allegation that infants were allowed to expire in a utility room could not be substantiated (and) all staff interviewed denied that any infant was ever left alone." Shafer was quick to add that neither he nor the IDPH report concluded that her testimony was untruthful or exaggerated to help advance her anti-abortion views -- simply that their investigation did not substantiate the allegations. Nevertheless, not too credible, huh?

Jill Staneck also says domestic violence is acceptable against women who have abortions. She also supports billboards in Tanzania that say "Faithful Condom Users" in English and Swahili, written next to a large skeleton, to discourage condom use. She claims that "aborted fetuses are much sought after delicacies" in China, to which she added, "I think this stuff is happening."

So why was the legislation put forth in the first place, given that the baby-protection part was redundant? The act was designed as "wedge" legislation. It was designed for just for the sort of attack that the journalist you link is making. When a bill-authoring group does this, they put in one horrible provision (the "infanticide" part of the bill) and package it with a bunch of other provisions that assault a woman's right to choose. Then, when someone votes against the bill to protect that right, they say the vote was over the "infanticide."

Articles that spin such legislation as infanticide are little more than gullibility tests, and I'm afraid you flunked that test. Didn't this story seem a little implausible to you from the start?

Furthermore, this story has been debunked dozens of times in Yahoo Answers, so you really don't have an excuse for reposting it.

If you want to attack Obama for not making abortions illegal, then OK, fine. If you want to scold him for not doing enough to combat the impulsiveness and short-sightedness that leads to so many abortions and an STD rate among teens of 25%, then OK, fine. But passing on stuff that's just made up is a bit much. Trying to keep others from breaking Commandment 6 doesn't give you permission to break Commandment 9.

False.

Obama is proud to be for CHOICE....the bill did NOT protect roe v wade....and there was already another bill that covered born alive babies.

You have absolutely NO IDEA what Obama would have done with his own child. It isn't as if Palin is some sort of hero for not aborting her child....people do it every day in America and around the world.

Palin is anti-abortion in EVER instance....including when the mother's life is at risk. Palin is anti-women....as she would rather a mother die in delivery than to allow that woman to have a chance to bear more children. She also would ban abortions for rape and incest victims.

If you are still in school, wake up and pay attention to your teachers. If you are not in school, go back and try to learn something this time. North Korea has NEVER been our allie! A mind is such a terrible thing to waste. No wonder you use Sarah Palin as an educational source. This may truly be a fact that you don't hate America. What is your problem with getting an education?

My stance on abortion is that I can't tell you if a fetus is a human life or if it is wrong to end that life. But to me that doesn't matter, because the fact of the matter is, if you outlaw abortion through overturning Roe v Wade, you will in effect create a "black market" for abortions, where mothers wanting to abort their child will be forced to go to "back alley" abortion centers where there are no health standards, no trained doctors, etc...and the percentage of botched abortions, mother deaths, and basically anything else that can go wrong, will go up. It's like drugs. You can outlaw it, but people will always find a way.

OBAMA. Abortion is a personal choice that should not be decided by the government. My main issue, however, is that Palin is against ALL abortion, even in the case of rape victims, etc. That is entirely inexcusable. I could never in my life vote for McCain, ESPECIALLY with Palin by his side.

Palin is also AGAINST abortion in the case of rape and incest. Now Mr. Asker, what's your stance as it concerns YOUR wife, YOUR sister, YOUR daughter, or YOUR niece?

I dare you to answer that honestly.

Partial birth abortions are given to women whose fetus' are severely deformed.

When is the last time you were in a neonatal ICU and saw live babies suffering.

Hey Yin, are you chicken, its been 35 min., can't answer my 1st question???

Source(s): Nurse, 26 years.

Palin's. One of the main things I had against Obama was his stance on abortion. That was what was going to make me not even vote for president. Now I will!

All's I got to say, is that if abortions were not legal, there would be women lining up at trailer parks to get the coat/clothes hanger thing done.

Did you know that Jewish women being experimented on by the Germans were the first to invent the modern day abortion.

I am not for abortion myself, I almost did it to my first son but I am glad that I did not. He is so smart and happy, healthy.

Just as long as abortions are kept legal so that women are not hurting themselves and/or dying from getting a mock up abortion done in a dark alley (with a coat hanger)

Source(s): </////////////////~~~

Excuse the rest of the world while we wonder - What has this to do with the economic and political problems of America, (and the rest of the world)?

Some years ago Margaret Thatcher described Britain as 'sleepwalking to disaster'. The US is doing the same in this election.

Sarah Palin is a Mother and she knows a blessing when she sees one. Everything in life is not perfect, but you love that baby and you move on. That's where Obama has gone wrong, he thinks everyone should be perfect, and if their not get rid of them. Well here's a news flash Obama, Were getting rid of you. McCain/Palin 2008