Is it pathetic to be afraid of dating?

I am only 19..but it is just a fear. I have ''dated'' a couple of guys...but nothing serious. I'm not really fearful of commitment, but I just don't like idea of put into an uncomfortable position with a person I don't know. I'm not really shy, but I get a lot of anxiety. And as I sit there and think of what it might be like, I start getting really anxious and it makes me not want to go on the date.

I'll admit I am a very independent person, I like me time, and can be very selfish when it comes to spending time alone, and personal space. I don't know what is going on..I was asked to go on a double date w/ my best friend, her bf and one of the guys he works with. One part of me says go and have fun, and one says why put yourself in an awkward position. Of what I have been told..I think I may be too quick to judge. He doesn't seem like my type, but then again I don't know if I am just making excuses.

I don't know what to do, or what to think..and I really think I am making too big of a deal of this whole thing, but I really am kind of scared.

ANY advice would helppp!

Best Answer

Not pathetic. The singles world is full of game playing and dishonesty. People are always fearful of "losing" which triggers all sorts of negative feelings. Women also have to contend with the fact that most men want to "have their way" with the woman and will often say whatever it takes to get that.

On the other hand, life without dating can be very very boring.

Everything has its advantages and disadvantages. Including dating.

So in a nutshell, the answer is no.

I think that your being smart, if you don't feel right about going on a blind date, then don't go.. but if you decide to go it could be just a night out with your best friend which wouldn't be a bad thing would it??

best of luck to you!

well just to say. the reason you date is that you looking for someone to marry, so you should start dating when you are ready to get married, instead of dating with our any intention to get married. and is some one ask you out, tell them that u don't date for fun but u dat when you want to get married, and I'm not ready, :)

no, its not pathetic.

you just need to think about it less.

there must be a reason you said yes to going out with these guys.

just think about what good things could come from dating them and everything will be fine.

you just answered your own anxiety..but if i were you..i'll just go and have fun..who knows what you're missing?

Yes, your pathetic.

Source(s): My mom

well it can be frightening maybe.. like if you really like someone but they break up with you.

Help Me Out Please Everybody:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200808...

Yes it is.

no