Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

If Sarah Palin's husband has a long BP employment, how is Big Oil involved in this nomination???

Todd Palin worked for the big multinational oil company, British Petroleum from 1989 until recently, making a 6-figure salary. Sarah has been in the oil camp on her calls: drilling in Alaska, negating global warming, and even fighting Polar Bears as an endangered species. Will she out-Bush George W. to give oil companies more power?

Update:

I am not a liar. The Alaska Daily News story stated Todd's BP salary as $100,000 to $120,000 in the story entitiled Todd Palin Unique Among Nation's 5 First Husbands, May, 2008.

Update 2:

Joe, that is true. It is sad that Big Oil / Bush & Co. has hoodwinked and lied to so many good Americans for so long. Here we go again!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Todd Palin has worked for BP for most of the past 20 years.

His salary is quoted in press releases at $120, 000-not exactly "blue collar" despite the attempts to portray him otherwise.

He took an unpaid leave of absence, but never left the company, a few weeks after she took office in December of 2006 and then quickly went back to work for them in September 2007 despite the conflict of interest.

She is the head of the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission, which basically makes her yet another Big Oil special interest lobbyist on the McCain campaign.

She is also under investigation for abusing her public office by firing her public safety director for not firing her brother-in-law over a custody battle with her sister.

So much for "clean government".

Just another dirty oil soaked Alaska politician-like Ted Stevens.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Tough question, because we really don't know for certain what will happen if McCain/Palin get into the white house, but what we can say for certain that Big Oil will benefit more from a McCain/Palin administration. So everyone just keep your eyes and ears open, believe nothing what you hear and half what you see, and get out and vote. Drag a few others to the polls with you as well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are full of baloney. Todd Palin is a United Steel worker member and works a blue collar job on the north slope. Union guys don't make 6 figure salaries.

Governor Palin convinced the Alaska legislature to impose the largest tax increase ever on the oil companies. She then had every Alaskan citizen sent a check for $1200 which used every cent of that tax.

Your leftist lies are not going to help the liberal cause one bit. Only the far left idiots are going to believe this crapola.

Source(s): Public information
  • 1 decade ago

Todd worked for BP, not as an executive but as a blue collar worker. The dollar figure is consistent with that industry and he was being paid on hourly totaling more than 100k. Regardless of the spin, Gov. Palin, has not demonstrated any allegiance to oil profiteers. In her role with the Petrol. Com. she not only rooted out corruption, but of people within her own political party. She gave 100% of all oil taxes back to Alaskans in checks of 1200.00 dollars each. She got people fired and broke up a lot of Republican corruption. Good for her. I'm impressed that she sent the 32,000,000 dollars for the "bridge to nowhere" (a repulsive act by congress) back to DC with a reply - "thanks but no thanks." I expect Dems we mercilessly hammer her, but if she expects to win, she will have to weather it. She may be a little light on experience but she has more than Obama as a executive, as a legislator, as a city executive, and in dealing with Russia and Canada (international affairs). She's a mom, and an impressive choice. She's more of a Maverick than McCain, and even told him he was wrong on ANWR. I'm eager to see her debate - I hear she's tough. Anyone who identifies her with Bush is either uninformed or stupid. She's a great choice for VP.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Somebody has to do something. Nothing being done by the U.S. Congress. You need to stick with Nancy Pelosi, forget about Sarah Palin, she believe in cutting wasteful government spending and the reform of corrupt government like Ted Steven's "bridges to nowhere." You just ignore Palin and follow Pelosi right off the cliff.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I guess I missed that in her acceptance speech. I though he was a fisherman and won some award for Rving. If its true about his involvement in Oil well, I guess its business as usual in Washington if Mac gets in.

• John
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Sarah Palin is working for the good of the people, not big oil. As VP, she'll be working for the US people. So it's the people that will have the power.

• 1 decade ago

Site your source please, I read something this morning that said he was a blue collar oil worker. Blue collar and six figures usually don't go together. I would love to read what you have.

Either way, what he did or didn't do makes no big whoop to me as SHE is the VP pick.

Edit

Dude calm down, I did not call you a liar.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

big oil referred her to mc cain.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.