Why do I keep getting sick when I drink even a little bit of alcohol.?

I just recently started taking birth control pills to regulate my hormones and I have found that ever since then I have not been able to drink any alcohol without getting sick. I am not a big drinker, but I like to go out and have a beer with my friends every now and then. It seems as if every time I have even... show more I just recently started taking birth control pills to regulate my hormones and I have found that ever since then I have not been able to drink any alcohol without getting sick. I am not a big drinker, but I like to go out and have a beer with my friends every now and then. It seems as if every time I have even just one beer I get sick to my stomach. This never used to happen to me. I could drink a pretty good amount of alcohol and not even be hungover the next day.

I keep a pretty healthy diet and I drink LOTS of water everyday. Nothing else has changed besides me being put on birth control, so I feel like its safe to say that I have been getting sick because the pill is making me more susceptible to the hangover affect of alcohol.

One of my friends suggested that if I am thinking about drinking, I should take Milk Thistle before I do so. Would this help in the event of a night at the bars? I have done some research and I do know that milk thistle can impact the effectiveness of the pill.
Update: Note: I never said that I consumed a lot of alcohol. If I go out with my friends I have 1 or 2 beers. I have only been VERY intoxicated once or twice in my life and I didn't start drinking until I was 21. So please, I am not asking to have people berate me. I have not been drinking since I have discovered... show more Note: I never said that I consumed a lot of alcohol. If I go out with my friends I have 1 or 2 beers. I have only been VERY intoxicated once or twice in my life and I didn't start drinking until I was 21. So please, I am not asking to have people berate me. I have not been drinking since I have discovered this recent affect that alcohol has on me. What is so wrong with a person of age going out to a bar on a Saturday night with her friends and having a few drinks. How dare some of you imply that I am irresponsible with my choices.