do color tattoo hurt?

my friend is getting a tattoo next weekend and she said she wanted to get it black and pink but shes going to get it black and green because she was told that the chemicals in pink ink makes your skin hurt is this true

• Favorite Answer

it's amazing to me what some people come up with

it isn't the ink that hurts when you get a tattoo...it's the NEEDLES going into your skin thousands of times

color tattoos hurt just the same as black and gray tattoos great run on sentence by the way its pretty impressive it makes me think that your friend isn't old enough to be getting a tattoo but good luck anyway hopefully she isn't one of the thousands and thousands of girls who gets something insanely common like a star tattoo and they do something stupid like put it on their wrist so that future imployers can descriminate against them all because they didn't fully think about the ramifications of what they were doing when they were 16.

The ink is not what cause pain, it's the needle(s) going in out of the skin at an insane rate. The reason some people say color ink hurts more is because of the different techniques used to shade, color, and outline. Each technique requires a different type of needle and needle bundle, sometimes you will only be hit with one needle sometimes up to 7 (one is for outlining, 7 for coloring in). From what I have observed over the years, pink fades quicker in most people than green, but green takes longer to heal.

Not even a little bit true.

Tattoo ink is a pigment suspended in a fluid. It should make no difference which color your friend chooses as long as the tattoo artist is clean and hygienic and your friend practices good aftercare.

However, I am not a doctor and do not know if your friend has any type of skin allergies. If she has legitimate concerns, she should go to the tattoo artist and ask if he/she will test the color in an inconspicuous area. It would be better to spend a few dollars and get what you want than to settle for a color she doesn't like because of an irrational fear.

The ink doesn't make it hurt more. The only difference in colored ink is sometimes there will be colors which for some odd reason people's skin can't take real well or they might take longer to heal.

The color of the tattoo doesn't make any difference. It hurts the same, with any color. The color seriously doesn't matter. However, WHERE you get it does matter!

Cindy

yeah all tattoos hurt. they have an after-pain phase after where the part of the skin that your friend had just done her tattoo on will become red/swollen. but itll calm down later.

To color a Tattoo it hurts, but after a few minutes your skin gets numb and you feel nothing...

No that's not true at all, one colour will be the same as the rest, it still all goes through the needle!

I don't think so. I know that pink fades faster, though.

Source(s): I have tattoos

i have tattoos in almost evey color...they all hurt equally well