What type of spider has pinchers?

Noticed a large skinny medium to light brown spider climbing up the wall outside my back door last night. Unlike normal large house spiders this one had pinchers at the rear. Body was about 2cm long. Leg span from top to bottom about 6-7cm. Sorry no picture as it ran away. Any ideas? I'm a little concerned as... show more Noticed a large skinny medium to light brown spider climbing up the wall outside my back door last night. Unlike normal large house spiders this one had pinchers at the rear. Body was about 2cm long. Leg span from top to bottom about 6-7cm. Sorry no picture as it ran away. Any ideas? I'm a little concerned as to what is walking round my garden and might come into the house. Location is Devon, UK.
Update: Yes is has long legs but having looked at pictures of wolf spiders it doesn't look like them - haven't seen one with pinchers at the rear. Its almost like a spider with an earwigs rear.
Update 2: I'm pretty sure they were pinchers. I've looked at pictures of similar looking house spiders and some wolf spiders but their rear ends were nothing like this one. Very much like the rear end of an earwig. 2 other people saw the spider too and all agreed they were pinchers. We all thought it odd and scary... show more I'm pretty sure they were pinchers. I've looked at pictures of similar looking house spiders and some wolf spiders but their rear ends were nothing like this one. Very much like the rear end of an earwig. 2 other people saw the spider too and all agreed they were pinchers. We all thought it odd and scary looking.
Update 3: Thanks for the links J.S but still no joy. I think I've seen so many pics of spiders I will be having nightmares! Have looked at so many websites now but nothing comes close. Have also been patroling the garden walls at night to try and find it again but no joy there. Think I need a pic of it for it to... show more Thanks for the links J.S but still no joy. I think I've seen so many pics of spiders I will be having nightmares!

Have looked at so many websites now but nothing comes close.

Have also been patroling the garden walls at night to try and find it again but no joy there. Think I need a pic of it for it to be identified.