Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

Timer control for boiler?

Is the Worcester Bosch Green Star 30 si compatible to use with a Drayton LP111 timer and a Honeywell room stat?

I know these controls currently have 230v going through them,i am going to renew the boiler and i want to keep the existing controls to keep the costs down and want to know so any potential installer doesn't try to fob me off with new parts i dont need.

Update:

Ive been told that some boilers use voltage free or low voltage controls?

What does this mean?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I've never come across any boiler that would not be compatible with any type of programmer and thermostat, but I would suggest that you replace these two items with a programmable thermostat, Honeywell or Danfoss, and get the benefit of variable temperature / time settings, 6 per day and optimum start which will save you energy and keep you more comfortable.

Source(s): S/e electrician 44 years Uk. ( I install loads of heating controls)
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The lp111 timer has voltage free contacts on the switching side of the timer so it will be compatible with 30si worcester.If the room stat is wired with a feed and a switch wire then it should be okay,if an neutral wire is included to enable the anticipator to work the stat more accurately then i am not so sure.

Source(s): Gas fitter.not electrician.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Get the boiler with an inbuilt programmer.The room-stat might need to be replaced depending what the'boiler controls'voltage is.ie-the boiler requires a 240v ac. supply,but then the transformer in the boiler will convert that voltage down to about 12v dc.which is used to power the'boiler controls',room-stat and programmer.

• 1 decade ago

You can get wireless boiler controls

Check wether your Green star si is compatible

Just recently had a green star cdi 30 installed with wireless control

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

your boiler only requires a permanent live from a wiring centre and a switched live from your programmer via your room stat to your boilers ta switched wiring points at the wiring point at the pcb

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.