Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Is it bad etiquette to have visible panty lines?

And are thongs worn more to hide panty lines or like to make you feel / or look sexy?

Favorite Answer

Thongs are worn to prevent underwear lines. They also have a way of making women feel sexy considering it makes some rears look super fine and men are all pretty big fans of thong underwear.

Having visible panty lines isn't so much bad etiquette as it is a fashion faux pas.

It is appropriate to wear a slip to hide panty lines, or better yet - buy panties that fit and cover the bottom. Some people wear thongs to hide panty lines, but if you have 'dimples' on your buttocks, the thong will bring all of that out - especially if you have on white. My mom always taught us to wear a slip. There are white and black slips, long and short to ensure that your dress does not show your underwear. Feeling sexy is a personal issue. I am sure women who wear 'granny panties' can feel sexy in theirs too. (smile)

It is bad etiquette to have bad panty lines. I like panty line. It is ok if they are sexy lines. Granny panties leave bad lines. Tonga panties are very sexy lines. Sexy line give a man something to think about and imagine how you look in panties. Barelythere Invisible look panties done leave line and the same for Jockey for her No Panty Line Promis. They are also very comfortable.

I don't see anything wrong with panty lines? Since when is that a "bad thing" I mean really.. at least the person is wearing pantys?

Its not rude to have them, I guess some people see it as bad taste in clothing.. but what the f ever.. Its pantys.

I'd rather see panty lines instead of thongs hanging out of the top of girls jeans, or guys who wear pants below their butt cheeks so you can see their boxers, or short shorts where you can see someones butt crease.. A lot worse things than seeing someones panty lines.. WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT THEIR BUTT ANYWAYS!?

Source(s): I feel sexier in my Victoria Secret Boy Cut panties!

I know your probably going to think this is trashy but from personal experience ive decided that g-strings are 10 times more comfortable than thongs so i suggest that you look for g-strings so you can rock hot outfits without panty lines and still be comfortable.

it isnt bad etiquette, just nobody likes to see it.

and yes, thongs are worn to hide panty lines, not to make you feel sexy.

Yes, and they are worn to hide panty lines.

• Rem

Yep. Visible panty lines are yucky. If you are going to wear tight pants it looks much better to wear a thong.

visible panty lines are siiiick.

wear a thong.

and thongs hardly ever make me FEEL sexy

People that have their pantys showing are trying to get attention in a negative way!