Are these signs of desperation for the GOP and McCain Campaign?

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has accused the United States of orchestrating the conflict in Georgia to benefit one of its presidential election candidates.

Putin told CNN his defense officials had told him it was done to benefit a presidential candidate -- Republican John McCain and Democrat Barack Obama are competing to succeed George W. Bush -- although he presented no evidence to back it up.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/28/russia....

Favorite Answer

I agree 100% with Putin.

Even Charlie Black, McCain's top adviser, said that McCain needed a war in order to beat Obama.

Now after 17 years of Russia and Georgia co-existing peacefully, all of a sudden Georgia, an ally of the United States, decides to start trouble with Russia?

And then McCain comes out and proclaim that all Americans are Georgians?

Coincidence?

I think not.

Putin knows what time it is.

No, but it does emphasize the desperation of Obama and the DNC. They will try anything to get the numbers up but Hey its not working.

I suppose 911 was orchestrated by the Bush Administration too, Huh.

Try drinking plain water instead of koolaid, your mind should clear up in a couple of days.

• Icarus

Putin, the former KGB agent, is not a good source of political theory. Russia is trying to flex its muscles and expand its influence in the areas it used to control but in which it has lost influence over the past 20 years. I'd take Commrade Putin with a proverbail grain of salt.

• Mike

Ok so are you telling me you believe putin on these ridiculous claims? Do you believe that bush orchestrated this whole Georgian conflict inorder to help McCain? Do you really believe this? If you do believe this then God help us all.

and secondly if you dont believe this. Then Putin lieing to americans in order to try and sway americans to vote for Obama, doesnt that tell you its not really in the best interest of the US to vote for Obama, if guys like Putin are making ridiculous claims like this inorder to help Obama. Cause obviously Putin said what he did in order to try and hurt McCain.

• Bryan

So the anti-American Russian Premier puts out a statement against the candidate who has been more staunch in their opposition to Russia's actions with an eye towards discrediting his candidacy and you liken this to a Republican plot. I just really don't know what to say that, so I will give the simple answer. Not!

• rz1971

It figures. Not that surprised, but some idiots will believe it just because they don't like the US/US government/President Bush.

You trust the word of Putaine (deliberate misspelling)? He's a lying, murderous scumbag who has murdered opponents and those who exposed his corruption.

What next? Will you be quoting the guy who lives under the overpass and reeks of urine and swats at imaginary bugs? He's just as credible as Putana.

• Rayne

Umm, so you believe Putin?...Why?

I don't think this shows anything about Republicans, I think it shows that Putin has an agenda...I think if you DO believe what Putin says (with no evidence to back his claims) that it also shows a little something about you.

I'm sorry, are you talking about the mobster Vladimir Putin?

This is a fact that:

Part of McCain’s record, are his foreign policy advisers- including a few “neocons” such as William Kristol, and Randy Scheunemann. It is common knowledge, that these individuals dragged America into war - and will require little effort from DailyKos and Axelrod’s online surrogates, to exploit in forming the McCain war-monger association. That his foreign policy adviser is the lobbyist for Georgia. There are 2 guesses out there and 1 ain't right.