Blim
Blim asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

When Newt Gingrich divorced his wife while she was dying of cancer -- was that an example of Family Values?

He was having an affair, then dumped his poor dying wife....

Be careful when you mention Bill Clinton -- remember, he's still married.

Marion Barry might've smoked crack, but he admitted it.

George W. still denies he was a cocaine addict.

Sam F - you hit the nail on the head.

"Family Values" is a big plank in the Republican platform. The Democratic platform doesn't stoop to that kind of hypocrisy.

You get a big gold star.

Best Answer

John McCain left his kids and crippled wife to be with a rich, younger blonde. Yet, no one in America cares about family values anymore. I want someone to run this country with integrity for once!

This can be a just right example of why there will have to be term limits. I bet nobody wishes him in office, however as an incumbent of a million years his lobbyists pay for his elections and a newbie cannot compete against him greenback for dollar. It is a excellent illustration of how all the DC guys are corrupt crooks and why they proceed to stay on til they're dinasours and corrupt beyond even Madoff, hypocrite crooks who go out taxdollars to enterprises. He was preaching household values all the at the same time having a mistress himself quick ahead 15 years and he is still the supposed poster boy for loved ones values. Disgusting. And Democrats are definitely now not any better - they may be all the identical scum. Who was once that married Senator (I consider son of a preacher) that impregnated his younger intern Shandra Levy whose useless body used to be found in the woods? And wasn't it Senator Edwards who had a child together with his mistress even as his spouse was going through chemo? And of course Clinton and all his women on the aspect. I do not consider the others are angels either, they simply have not been caught. Cash + energy = Corruption and these guys have the most money an power in the nation/world so they're without doubt probably the most corrupt as now we have noticeable the earlier couple of months as they give all our taxdollars to the corporations which were padding their pockets. Discover how our president has been going along with it as he too used to be paid off for the duration of his Senate years above all by AIG who has paid him millions previously few years.

I guess I fail to see the connection between a man's politics and his stupid personal behavior. Personal behavior is not governed by something abstract like whether you're liberal or conservative.

I'm quite certain there are plenty of liberals out there who have behaved this way or worse.

Hey, isn't James McGreevey a democrat who cheated on his wife and then left the poor soul because he was in love with another man?

The only example I see in Newt is of a fascist.

• Curtis

Yes,,,Newt getting divorced is not good for the family. But liberal family values are far worse.

Now if you want to judge a political party, by the actions of a few, then I will judge a political party too, and I will not even mention Billy BJ Clinton.

Is John Edwards cheating and lying to his wife with cancer, an example of liberal family values?

Is killing an innocent fetus, and letting a convicted murderer live, an example of liberal family values?

Is allowing your underage daughter to leave school, and have an abortion, without parental consent, an example of liberal family values?

Is having a child daycare center in high schools, an example of liberal family values?

Is giving a free hypodermic needles to children with a exchange needle, an example of liberal family values?

Is Heather having two mommies an example of liberal family values?

Is having conjugal visits for prison inmates, an example of liberal family values?

Is generation after generation of mommies having illegitimate children with dead beat dads, and living on welfare, an example of liberal family values?

What about when drunk Ted had his little accident or Marion Berry smoking a $20 rock with the prostitute. Is that an example of dem values?

• gone

Regardless of which side of the political fence. It is not our job to judge the human condition. Sh1t happens.

• Phil M

It was a personal relationship between two people that is none of our business.

That is precisely what it is and what is was. What people do and how they treat one another in their own personal relationship is none of our business and has very little to do with how they will govern or represent a nation. I don't want a great husband/wife, I don't want a "friendly person" and I don't want a saint. I want a pragmatic, educated leader. Its not a Mr/Mrs. America pageant.

Obama in 2008

Capitol Hill is the kingdom of hypocracy.