David Archuleta or David Cook?

Did David Cook deserve to win American Idol or should Archuleta have won?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Archuleta, he just didn't have the "grown-up" fan base that Cook had.

But his voice (Archie's) is far superior to Cooks.

His first single "Crush" is perfect for him, it fits him and he is completely believable singing it.

David Cook looks uncomfortable, sounds uncomfortable and I feel uncomfortable for him when I hear "Time of My Life"

To me, it seemed as if a lot of people were voting against Archuleta rather than for Cook. It's too bad, it became like a war over the 2 guys popularity and not their voices.

I heard people constantly say they were voting for Cook because he was "hot" and Archie was too young. Didn't make sense then, and doesn't now. After their last performance Archie was phenomenal and Cook, though good, was completely out-shined. Ergo...popularity contest

• 1 decade ago

David Archuleta should have won! I don't like David Cook. When he won, he didn't have any emotion on his face. I can tell he has a larger than life ego. That's just me.

• 1 decade ago

David Cook is the better artist and much more talented than David Archuleta.

Just my opinion.

• What?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I thought David Archuleta had more talent, but David Cook got some pity votes since Simon was mean to him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Archuleta is too timid for mainstream, its not always about who is best, in this society and age its all about who would fit the social norm the best. Same goes for things like jobs, could have a genius who knows things few people know in one corner but can hardly communicate well with others, and in the other hand somebody with a very average knowledge, but who is very social, the latter will almost always succeed in what we call life. It was evident that Archuleta overall was better, Cook was good too, but Archuleta was brilliant almost every single time, but he still lacked being normal, technically he was discriminated agaist, but since the viewers pick the show, people will always give up talent for "norm", its a balance in most persons eyes, not in mine.

• 1 decade ago

David Cook, he is the whole package man, singer/songwriter/artist/rocker/musician/performer.

David Archuleta, singer. Period, nothing more and besides Archie can't even form a coherent sentence for God's sake.

Haha. It makes me laugh that there are lots of sore loser archie fans still whining about their baby archie not winning.

Archie = Popularity Fad.

Cook = Legend.

• 1 decade ago

They were both fantastic. Two different genra's. David Archuleta is going to be great for a long time. And he is so young. I jealous

• Well, at the time I was glad David Cook won, but now I fear he's become a bit of a sell-out. The originality the judges commended for seems to have vanished now that he's reached star status.

• 1 decade ago

David Cook deserved the win! He is awesome!

• 1 decade ago

no,I think David Archuleta should have won because his voice is so amazing.Plus he's waaayyyy cute than Cook.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.