Bunny asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

how can you make fat free pudding without the packages of instant pudding like jell-o?

home made I guess (?)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

you wnat to make a custard. below is a recipe

2 cups skim milk

4 tbsp vanilla

3/4 cup sugar

2 egg yolks

4 tbsp. cornstarch

1/3 cup cold water

in bowl mix cornstarch and cold water with your hands so there is no lumps.

mix sugar and egg yolks

add cornstarch solution to sugar solution.

heat milk in sauce pan just until the milk is warm

you need to add the milk slowly to the egg, sugar cornstarch solution so the eggs do not cook. This is called tempering.

Using a ladle add 1 ladle and mix into sugar, cornstarch solution. mix for 30 seconds

repeat process.

Until all milk is now in bowl with eggs, sugar, cornstarch.

Now pour all ingredients into the sauce pan. Over low heat bring solution back to boil.Stirg a wooden spoon stir making sure that ypou get into the bottom edges of the pan.

when sauce comes to a boil it is finished.

Refridgerate unti cold

chef robert

culinary instructor

Author of chef robert presents romantic dinners for two

• megsy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Any dessert can be made low fat or fat free by just using fat free milk or whatever - custard or cornstarch pudding as some call it - in australia I make the same but call it blancmange

An easy way to make a very quick pud is to place the custard powder or cornstarch in a bowl with sugar to taste and enough powdered skim milk plus vanillla to flavour to make the quantity you want of milk - mix it up to a paste with a little cold water and then stirring quickly add boiling water to make up the rest of the quantity of custard or starch pud - if necessary put in microwave for 1-2 minutes to finish off the thickening process

If you want a quick and easy recipe here is one

Grab a can of unsweetened condensed skinny milk and chill it in freezer

Make a jelly or jello depending where you live and chill it till it starts to thicken but is still liquid

Open the milk and whip till light and fluffy and fold in or whip in the jelly.

Pour or pile into a mould rinsed with water or a nice glass dish and chill - either scoop out of the bowl or turn the mould upside down on a plate and serve with either fresh or stewed fruit - Voila! yummmmmmmm

Source(s): my recipes
  • abadie
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

listed under are some strategies that can assist you with your capture 22 venture. a million.call your stressful neighbor over for some pudding & tea. 2. suitable down the bar codem and contact company places of work of Jell-o and demand an answer. 3. Open Jell-o place in airborne dirt and dirt and water, if in 3 days, no longer something sprouts, it incredibly is ediable. 4. touch a technological information institute and declare that the date of the Jell-o is the biggest to appreciate-how Alien technologies. 6. pay attention to somebody else's reaction, i'm particular there's a greater useful, and/or stupider answer than mine.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

look on the box of fat free pudding and write down all of the ingredients and experiment with them until you get it right!

And when you get it just right, celebrate your success with a desert!

....possibly..... Pudding?

Source(s): what I would do
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Hi - replace cream with youghurt - butter with olive oil - etc etc there is a replacement for all fats and some taste even better!!!

Garlic bread made with the best quality olive oil is sooooo much better than that made with butter and I was such a butter freak!

I even had a black forrest cake made with beetroot lately - YUM!!

Source(s): experience
  • Nike W
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

are you looking for a recipe? I know that you use fat free milk.

Try this link:

http://www.fatfree.com/recipes/puddings/

• 1 decade ago

Maybe put skim milk in a sauce pan and add corn starch and add flavorings, such as melting chocolate and stir constantly until it all thickens and comes together and then add vanilla.

G

Source(s): none
  • 1 decade ago

search it on google

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.