Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery?

Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery? I'm not obese but I put on weight rather rapidly. I am now 1m54 and 66kgs which is over recommended BMI. Just last year i put on about 15kgs. I lost 10 over 8 weeks but then had major knee surgery and but those 10kgs back on within two weeks of being in hospital. My knee has... show more Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery?
I'm not obese but I put on weight rather rapidly. I am now 1m54 and 66kgs which is over recommended BMI. Just last year i put on about 15kgs. I lost 10 over 8 weeks but then had major knee surgery and but those 10kgs back on within two weeks of being in hospital. My knee has extensive complications and i have just recently come out of a second major surgery. Today i was waiting for someone in the car for a few hours and i found myself thinking about how eating would be great to pass time.
I'm afraid of becoming obese.
Is Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery okay for someone like me, or can only people suffering from obesity, diabetes and other problems get it?
Update: i Already have quiet a strict diet and exercise all lot, i'm in the forces.
i don't know anyone at all who have had the procedure or who has even considered it. and yes i am really considering getting it done. I saw the segment on operah about it and she said it was worth it