Ruby

help please.. im scared about the storm bout to enter the gulf of mexico, any help needed please?

im so scared to evacuate again i live in southern louisiana, the only time i did evacuate was for Katrina, i lost contact with my friends for 3 months! cell's were down for a while then they ended up losing the cells moving between states, i can't lose them! i just lost my sister to a murder last october i really cant lose my friends right now, and i'm scared to lose my boyfriend, i love him so much i dont want to lose contact with him, yeah i've got his mom's cell number, but i'm still so scared, what if it gets really bad and destroys my city, & i never get back with my friends, i've got 48-78 hours till i know if i have to go :( i dont even know what the hell to do my family has NO plan on where we'll go, or even how we'll go, i'm just so scared :(

Best Answer

First take a deep breath and try and relax... I know that katrina was a horrible experience and I understand it would be a horrible experience to relive but you have to think positive... If it does happen that you have to evacuate you have to remember that it's for the best. You might not be religious but praying does help... Just try and stay positive, try to stay calm and make sure that you and your family make a plan beforehand. Good luck!

Set up a blog NOW with you and your friends. That way if you lose your cell phone contacts or each other you can find each other again through the blog by going on line at any internet access no matter where you may be. The only way you can then lose each other is if someone simply never goes to the blog.

Get with your family and form a plan. Whom do you know that lives north? Prayers to you.

Take A Deep Breathe And Hang In There. The Storm Will Not Be As Bad As It Is Being Projected To Be.

your city has learned from it's mistakes and has a good plan in place to help you all evacuate in a safe manner. As far as your home is concerned you just have to tell yourself that if you all get out and are alive that it's all that matters. Easier said than done I'm sure but I just think that it's the best way to look at it. Just keep watching the news and follow whatever orders your mayor sets in place. Hope and pray for the best hon....

It'll be okay

Try not to worry, but I do understand your concern. Don't depend on the government to take care of you. Ya'll need to have a plan of your own in place.

Create a plan of contact with your friends/boyfriend so you all can touch base...a meeting place after the storm is over? Email if ya'll go to other cities to wait it out?

Just do the best you can and pray that the storm weakens.

My prayers are with everyone affected (or potentially affected) by the storm.

I'm sure your family can figure out an evacuation plan in the time remaining before the storm gets too close. My only advice is at the first sign of danger, get in the car and get out!

because of fact the storms in lots of circumstances type off of the West Coast of Africa, and pass westward or northwestward in line with what selection they type in. those that type above 10º North in many circumstances hit the East coast and those that type under 10º North hit the two Mexico or the Gulf.

I'm sorry. I wish I could tell the storm to stop...just worry about yourself and your family until after the storm has passed, ok? It's not like Katrina.

relax.....deep breaths. all you have to do is prepare. the minute that you get the word that you have to evacuate (hopefully it wont happen, but in case it does).....the minute you get word, you and your family take immediate action. get as many personal belongings and your parents should get together any important documents that are in the house. get everything loaded into your car and get going. tell your boyfriend to do the exact same thing. tell your friends to do the exact same thing.

Source(s): oh, and dont forget any medications, plenty of bottled water, non perishable foods, a first aid kit, flashligts, batteries, blankets, pillows, extra clothes, extra cash. make sure the car is loaded with gas and that its ready to go! just in case.

Pray that the storm will stop.